Dangrebel

From 1 18 to 2 18's

Wassup everybody?! I am going to add another 18 in my gmc Sierra Ext cab and I am wondering what is the best port placement for this setup? Also they are aq hdc3 18's and it will be around a 13 or 14 cube box@ 30hz my goals are a daily ground pounder that's loud as all get out, I may start going to comps

Why 30 Hz?

Subs forward, port up. Subs up, port up.

May want to consider tuning higher if you want to get serious about competing.

Subs forward, port up. Subs up, port up.

May want to consider tuning higher if you want to get serious about competing.

x2 aq's arent a good choice for daily they like power and high tuning. and for competing i would recommend tuning higher. not going to get too loud that low

The subs will be fine for daily use. I also recommend tuning higher with those woofers. I had 2 AQs tuned around 35hz and was happy with the daily results.

Well I tuned low because I play alot of slowed songs as in 20 to 25 hz and I love low bass. Im still deciding wether I will compete or not but 30-33 hz is my goal tuning thanks for the input it maybe subs up port up in center. Any port location tips like left side or right side? Thanks Again!!

There is a reason they need high tuning...

Yep, if that is your goal buy different subs instead of those. :)

Why is that? I've asked multiple people and no one has gave me a good answer

Also i already have 1 hdc3 18 in my truck at 30 hz and it sounds good and LOUD!

Why is that? I've asked multiple people and no one has gave me a good answer

Sorry to thread jack, but are you going to meet up with me and go to USACI Finals ??

I'm sorry when is it I forgot all about it?

finals_banner.jpg

Um if it wasn't such a drive I would say yes right now but it's double the miles for me compared to you I believe, so I'm gonna call it a maybe I'll pm in a week or so and tell you a for sure answer.

and are you wanting to stay below the window line ?? If you decide to compete, below the window line will keep you in the stock classes (for USACI anyways) ...

Yup it is sittin in my shop haha, I think it was a good choice to take it out, now it's only me and my girl that ride. Is yours out I couldn't remember from the pics?

Yup it is sittin in my shop haha, I think it was a good choice to take it out, now it's only me and my girl that ride. Is yours out I couldn't remember from the pics?

Awesome ... Mine is in stock location, my wall is cut with a fiberglass bedcover ...

If you want to compete, you'll achieve a much better score by tuning around 38 with the HDC3s.

If you want to stay tuned that low and compete, my suggestion would be to build for USACI Street Q Class ...

Sort of a SPL / Sound Quality crossover ... To compete in Street Q, you must compete in a active SPL class too ...

Aight well y'all convinced me, I'm moving my tuning to 35 hz and no higher haha. Dang peer pressure :P I will get another ap1500 or maybe sell the one I got now and get a sax 3500d. What do y'all reccomend amp wise?

Is your current HDC a D1 or D2?