KennethColeman

Best amp or amps to push to BTL 15's

So im about to order two fully loaded BTL 15's and Im trying to decide whats the best amps or amp to push them to the max. Right now im looking at 2 kicker 2500 or two rockford 2500. Any suggestions?

Get whatever you want, there is no need to "push them to the max".

Either of those choices would work great, I'm assuming you have the electrical system to back this up?

Your going to spend a lot on those mainstream amps look at some other companys just my 2cents

Its just the begginning but I plan on definately upgrading the electrical system. I got a 2007 Avalanche that im in the process of getting shipped to me here in Italy. The subs will be ordered as soon as i get invoice from FI. I been using kicker for awhile now and have never had problems which is why they are my number one choice plus they about $200 cheaper than the rockford amps

if you have the correct electrical then i would hit steve mead up .. i think he has 2 sundown 3KS for sale.. in that case i would order dual 2 BTL;s and strap the 2 3k's togather at 2 ohms.

Before this thread i have never heard of Sundown and I usually stick to what I know. it doesnt seem like doing either the kicker, rockford or the sundowns would be a bad choice. If Steve's got 2 of those sundowns and they will be a better option than the other two mentioned amps then may he chime in or send me a message.I dont care if the amps or new or not as long as their still pushing strong.

IMO way better then either of the choices you listed...

the amps are proven power houses,

Before this thread i have never heard of Sundown and I usually stick to what I know. it doesnt seem like doing either the kicker, rockford or the sundowns would be a bad choice. If Steve's got 2 of those sundowns and they will be a better option than the other two mentioned amps then may he chime in or send me a message.I dont care if the amps or new or not as long as their still pushing strong.

Check out the for sale thread that Bigjon linked above and pm me if your interested. Good luck on your search. any amp you listed is in your budget than go with it. Mainstream amps are usually just more expensive.

I would definitely hit up Steve, those sundown 3000d sell like hot cakes, plus its a great deal.

I actually just sold him one, I powered two xcons and it was nuts.

4500d 3500d 2500d 2000d 1500d or two of any. they all work and honeslty there is no need too power them to the max. not to mention the electrical needed to support them at max potential. Im running 2 3000ds on mine but i also have 5 agms, xp250 and more 1/0 than you can shake a stick at to support it.

Well I just sent the payment to Fi for the 2 fully loaded BTL 15's. So now to figure out exactly which amp Im going to use. This is only my 3rd build and im trying to make this one the best one. The price on Steve's Sundowns are good but Im more for the Rockford 2500CP. Im not trying to get everything over night so the cost doesnt really bother me at this point. I figured the best bang for the buck would be to power each of the BTL's with one of those Rockfords. i may be wrong.Like I said this is my third build and only 2nd where im planning on using quality stuff.My last setup was 2 Kicker 15" L7's in a sealed box and a kicker 2500 pushing them and It was okay but not enough for me.Sold the car so i got about $5000 to play with right now and more to come before the end of the year.It's a Avy so I don't know exactly what can be built in there using the bed.All Suggestions are welcome and @Steve if i order the DD-1 now when will you guys be shipping and can I get it Autographed by you? LoL Sorry I'm a huge fan along with alot of the Italians here.

Edited by Real96SS

Well I just sent the payment to Fi for the 2 fully loaded BTL 15's. So now to figure out exactly which amp Im going to use. This is only my 3rd build and im trying to make this one the best one. The price on Steve's Sundowns are good but Im more for the Rockford 2500CP. Im not trying to get everything over night so the cost doesnt really bother me at this point. I figured the best bang for the buck would be to power each of the BTL's with one of those Rockfords. i may be wrong.Like I said this is my third build and only 2nd where im planning on using quality stuff.My last setup was 2 Kicker 15" L7's in a sealed box and a kicker 2500 pushing them and It was okay but not enough for me.Sold the car so i got about $5000 to play with right now and more to come before the end of the year.It's a Avy so I don't know exactly what can be built in there using the bed.All Suggestions are welcome and @Steve if i order the DD-1 now when will you guys be shipping and can I get it Autographed by you? LoL Sorry I'm a huge fan along with alot of the Italians here.

Lol I'm sure he would autograph it, but I'm also pretty sure you have the wrong Steve.

I would for sure say it's the wrong Steve. lol, but this Steve is cool too I'm sure :fing34:

@ Rick I didn't notice it until after I sent the actual message and @ Trod yeah the midgate will be removed and the subs will be ported into the cab

Im still up in the wind on this one because two people made good points. I can go with a 2500 and be good or I good go with the 3500 turn it down for daily and whenever I hit up the car shows tune it for burps. So I have about another 2 months before my Truck gets here so I will keep asking around and seeing what others have proven to be a good combination.Thanks alot guys

when i bought my 2 18" btls i went with 2 hifonics brz2400.1...

2400wrms @ 1 ohm each.... only paid 320 bucks for each amp too on ebay...

Well I picked up 2 SAZ-3500 for the price of one so Im happy. Now i just have to figure out what amps to runf or my highs-mids

A pair of 3500s for the price of one? Nice find! You've got more than enough power now.

I have a Boss made ZED built 4 channel. Its a rev-665. Look up the specs. Great amp. I am selling it if your interested.

Nice find on the amps!

A pair of 3500s for the price of one? Nice find! You've got more than enough power now.

I picked up the last 2 refurbs from DB-R and they were on sale for 20% off also.I was going to just buy two new ones but ended up waiting and finding a super deal.Saved alot of money

what's your electrical like? And what impedance can you run? What kind of car is going to take the beat down?

Vehicle is a 2007 Avalanche.The electrical is still in work due to it being so difficult to get parts shipped to APO.Looking to run 2 270amp alternators to power the 2 Sundown 3500's and the 2004. for the highs and mids.I really hate to rant about this but call me impatient or whatever. I recently ordered the 2 Sundown amps from Db-R and its been longer than the 10days they specify before the item ships and still nothing from them. I have sent numerous emails and even tried calling still nothing. Now I have been trying to order the alternators from DC. They replied back once asking my vehicle info and where I purchased the triple kit from but now they don't respond. I understand that the smaller companies are harder to get in touch with but I wish it was a better way. I guess because I'm US military stationed in Italy I have to wait forever for anything. I really hope that I can get everything I need so I can start my build before December.On a good note though I finally got a tracking number from Fi for my 2 18" BTL's!!!

Edited by Real96SS