srd150

What am i doing wrong?

OK, i have some bass'd up songs that I've been trying to burn to a dvd-r. i have a dvd/cd player in the truck. I put the dvdr in and choose my program. first time i did it as a data. Second time I put it in as burn an MP3 DVD. I dont burn very often. what am I missing?

maybe your HU only plays movies/videos on DVD and not music? what model do you have sir???

maybe your HU only plays movies/videos on DVD and not music? what model do you have sir???

jvc kw-avx830

That unit should automatically play when you insert the disk. Try it in your home DVD player and make sure it works.

My home eve is a ps3 and it worked in there. But, then again it is.a mini computer. I just wanted to know if I needed to save it as something particular to get it to play. My jvc plays normal cd's and dvd's just fine.

Please note-

Just because you have a dvd player in your car, that doesn't mean it supports DVD-MP3!

To burn mp3s on dvd disc, you simply burn as data ISO.

There is no such thing is dvd-mp3 format...

It's simply data format, ISO.

If it doesn't work, either it doesn't support it, or the media is unsupported...

Burn a copy of a dvd on that media and see if it plays.

If it does, then it's not the media!

DVD players, when it sees dvd disc, will immediately assume it's a move and looks for the VIDEO_TS folder.

If the HU doesn't support DVD-MP3s, then when the folder is missing(obviously it would be) then it fails to read disc...

IF you find out it's not your media, go online and try and see if anyone has been able to get DVD-MP3 discs to work on this HU.

"MAYBE" there is a way to flash the firmware inside which could support it... But you'd have to do research on that to find out.

I've been dealing with this with another HU and just want to add that it's not always as simple as DVD-ISO either. My unit will play a DVD-R with an ISO burn of nothing but MP3s just fine, but if I have folder and/or a non-mp3 file on the disk it goes all to hell and won't read it at all. So even though you burn as data make sure that you burn only .mp3s.

interesting..

sounds like sloppy firmware code for such strict requirements.

Damn those who never test the hardware before marketing it..

Another tip: Make sure you finalize the disc after you burn the MP3's on it. In my experience a disc won't play until it's been finalized, and some programs won't automatically finalize a disc. (Atleast back in the good ole days, I haven't burned a disc in probably 5 years).