Alright guys I'm new to the scene and I need help with my setup. I've gone through 3 amp in the past 5 months. I have had very very bad luck keeping amps alive in my car for very long. Well the amp that I have been having problems with is a Hifonics Brutus 2100.1d. I Have 2 FI BL's fully loaded in a custom made box. The amp is mounted to the top of the box in a recessed in amp rack. I spent the better half of my Friday troubleshooting my system with the manufacturer on the phone to figure out what the problem is but couldnt figure it out. I checked my grounds and rca's and power. The only thing I found wrong is that it wasn't getting the 14.4 volts it asks for to push it. My power setup is a stock alternator with a xs D3400 in the front and nothing in the back. I know I need a new alternator for it and I been waiting a little more than 2 months for my DC 270xp alternator for my car but I cant do nothing about that now. My question is is that can the amplifier not getting it the proper power cause it to burn out constantly? I

What is your voltage dropping to?

I have a feeling its vibrations from the amp being mounted on the enclosure, if so some rubber mounting feet will help.

I have a feeling its vibrations from the amp being mounted on the enclosure, if so some rubber mounting feet will help.

I have always wondered about this, because in my car, my roof moves, cups shake in my cupholder, the doors, seats, and windows shake...how do you stop the amp from vibrating?

I don't mean to be an ass or threadjack, but...yeah...

^^^ This ...

And you do not have enough battery power ... and i'm guessing not enough protection fuses either ...

even with tons of vibration you just need some absorption of that vibration when it comes to amps(i guess kinda like having shoes with no insole and then putting gel insoles in, its better for your joints). like how you see people use rubber feet, i use .25in foam between the board my amps are on and the enclosure, the screws that hold the amp board/rack to the enclosure are drilled out bigger than the screw so the board can very very slightly move and absorb, any vibrations. What i would do is take the amp off the box all together.

OP, did you look at the internals after they pooped?

Edited by ChevyBoy95

What impedance.are you running at also be sure to double check it again

Vibration is more than likely what your problem is. Mount some rubber grommets under each mounting screw and attach snugly. I would also complete the "Big 3" up front to help eliminate voltage drop.

I doubt its due to vibrations, if so then you need to build a proper enclosure. Everything vibrates in the car, stop trying to play your equipment at full tilt till you get the electrical you need. Rewire it to 4 ohms or lower ohm load then your at now until you have the electrical to run it at full power.

Do the big3, maybe add a second battery in the rear.

Put a voltmeter in to check your voltage. It will help you a lot.

Vibration is more than likely what your problem is. Mount some rubber grommets under each mounting screw and attach snugly. I would also complete the "Big 3" up front to help eliminate voltage drop.

Big 3 is done up front just waiting for my alternator. So I will put some rubber grommets for that amp. If it happens the next time I guess I'm screwed.

I doubt its due to vibrations, if so then you need to build a proper enclosure. Everything vibrates in the car, stop trying to play your equipment at full tilt till you get the electrical you need. Rewire it to 4 ohms or lower ohm load then your at now until you have the electrical to run it at full power.

So i was told by the manufacturer that I'm running the amp below impedance. The are FI BL 1ohm speakers wired down to one ohm. They asked me to check it with a dmm and it read .8 at the amp. So they said i was under loading the amp. But the speakers sold as one ohm but really even the FI page shows the impedance at .8 So is the problem that this amp cant handle these speakers or that these speakers are made to not be run on any 1ohm stable amps? Seems stupid but please help.

low nominal impedance + low voltage + vibration = :suicide-santa: ?

It's 1 ohm nominal but the dc resistance is .7.

But I had an alpine m-1000 on my Fi Q at 2 ohms (1.4 ohm dcr) Apparently the amp didn't like Fi and the amp would always get too hot and reduce it's own power. I'm talking 165* hot playing at moderate volume with a constant 14 volt source. When I put a different sub on there it never got super hot even with the same power.

So it's possible that is the case with yours.

Dam 12.9 at full tilt is 2shabby for that amount of power. I drop real low o yeah forgot i have a ohio shitty alternator :suicide-santa:

Edited by Dictator