splxtreme

shallow mount sub?

I've was looking at the SI BM to use in a behind the seat install, but they don't seem like they will be ready in time to order.

I don't have much experience with shallow mount subs. Just looking for some other options for brands.

I want something that will work best in a ported enclosure. Don't have an amp picked out yet, so power will be determined after sub is picked.

This is for my GF's younger brother, so it doesn't have to high end. I'll be building the box to fit behind the seats of a pickup. So, not much room.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!!!

Idk much about shallow mount subs but if you can post measurements and the space available other members of this forum will be able to help you better.

Idk much about shallow mount subs but if you can post measurements and the space available other members of this forum will be able to help you better.

I'll be able to post exact measurements this weekend, but I'm guessing I have about 7" of depth to work with. Width is as much as i need in a standard cab, and height will be as much as needed.

I have about 7" of depth to work with

Including driver, pole clearance, mdf/box, and excursion clearance? If so, good luck.

Including driver, pole clearance, mdf/box, and excursion clearance? If so, good luck.

Well, if I can find a driver similar to the SI, it should work. The SI has a mounting depth of 3.4", then allow an inch for the pole, 1" for clearance, and then 3/4" enclosure puts me at 6.9" It will be close, but would work.

Theres got to be some other kind of option. Any other places to install an enclosure? center console?

Well, if I can find a driver similar to the SI, it should work. The SI has a mounting depth of 3.4", then allow an inch for the pole, 1" for clearance, and then 3/4" enclosure puts me at 6.9" It will be close, but would work.

Forgot to add the basket depth which is normally about 3/4" as well. 1" of clearance isn't enough for excursion either.

Jl audio tw5... They aren't very cheap though.very shallow!

Ok, I think I changed my mind a bit, and plan on using an 8" down-firing, as I only have an 8 inch depth to work with.

What 8's would you guys recommend? I would like the price to be kept under 150. Music type is kind of bass heavy, such as dubstep. Also, no amp yet, until the subs are decided on. Thanks for all your help!