SMpaintball78

A good place to work

well i recently quit my job at petsmart. the hours sucked big time (3am-noon), the managers were dicks to me and always gave me the job that nobody else wanted. So i told them i quit lol. anyways im on the lookout for a new job but i need some more ideas. i applied at family video today and a few other places. is there any job any of you can think of thats isnt to bad hours and pay wise? id be doing part time due to my welding classes. I am in the welders union and on a waiting list for a job. they said they will have me a job by december of this year so i just need a job untill then. any thoughts?

Yea. Go back and beg for your job back. NEVER EVER quit a job unless you have something else lined up. In this economy especially bro.

J

And by lined up I mean 'hey I'll turn in two weeks on the 5th and start for you guys the 20th'

J

Totally area dependent. How should I know about jobs in your area?

And by lined up I mean 'hey I'll turn in two weeks on the 5th and start for you guys the 20th'

J

This. It's always best to put in a two weeks notice. It looks much better to the next employer. You don't want them to call your previous employers and have them say "he just walked out and left us hanging".

J

This. It's always best to put in a two weeks notice. It looks much better to the next employer. You don't want them to call your previous employers and have them say "he just walked out and left us hanging".

A lot of people won't do that. If you don't like the job already, some employers will make those last two weeks all kinds of fucked up. I work in fast food and see it all the time.

Getting off at noon sucked?

Shit, after 9 hours at work all he did was post on SSA and sleep lol

J

well when i told my store manager i was quiting, he asked if that day was my last day. i said no so i gave him a little over a weeks notice. he was cool with it and gave him a little time to hire on new people.

Getting off at noon sucked?

ya lol. id get up at 230am, go to work till noon, sleep untill 530pm, go to class untill 930pm, eat dinner, take a nap and get up and do the same thing all over again. lol my pay check were barley enough to cover my gas for the week so i never had extra spending cash. minimum wage suckes :bull:

Home depot and lowes are always good places to get on.

Home depot and lowes are always good places to get on.

X2

i was doing some reading up on those two because i have both stores pretty close to my house. i have seen numerious reports on home depot saying there not so great to work for but lowes isnt to bad. im applying there now

I heard PetCo is a great place to work. Managers are wonderful and will not have anybody do anything that they would not do. Hours are very flexible so a win, win!

:roflmao:

well my job problems are gone for the next 2 months. my grandpal owns a big excavation and paving company here in cincinnati and said he needs help out on the crew laying blacktop. ya the work SUCKS BIG TIME but i get but i get $10 under the table. when i last worked there, i worked on everage 48hrs a week so $480 a week while living at home and my only bill is my gf and gas lol i miss those paychecks

riveting tale chap. Whats a grandpal, is that on a higher level than best friend for life?

riveting tale chap. Whats a grandpal, is that on a higher level than best friend for life?

:roflmao:

Look into some auto parts stores. I'm going back to O'Rielly's asap.

Really????

Look into some auto parts stores. I'm going back to O'Rielly's asap.

how is working at O'Rielly's? there is a brand new one right down the street from me that just opened.