you need new door speakers and h/u. or like vossy said, at least get an amp for the door speakers.

why would he need door speakers when he clearly has a h/u or even a wiring issue? putting more money into this issue isn't going to solve anything as if to say how will an amp on his NEW door speakers fix the h/u or potential wiring issue?

I understand for his system to get loud he WOULD, in the future, need a amp and newer/better speakers to get loud at a lower volume with this problematic h/u but here is the interesting thing if the volume control on the h/u its self isn't linear how will the amp solve the non-linear problem thus he will still have to be around 25-30 to get loud! well I guess he could still turn the gains up on the amp which could over come this volume issue.... but in the long run that wouldn't be the best idea!

so before we go any furthur with this lets first let the OP get the wiring checked out and go from there!

you need new door speakers and h/u. or like vossy said, at least get an amp for the door speakers.

why would he need door speakers when he clearly has a h/u or even a wiring issue? putting more money into this issue isn't going to solve anything as if to say how will an amp on his NEW door speakers fix the h/u or potential wiring issue?

I understand for his system to get loud he WOULD, in the future, need a amp and newer/better speakers to get loud at a lower volume with this problematic h/u but here is the interesting thing if the volume control on the h/u its self isn't linear how will the amp solve the non-linear problem thus he will still have to be around 25-30 to get loud! well I guess he could still turn the gains up on the amp which could over come this volume issue.... but in the long run that wouldn't be the best idea!

so before we go any furthur with this lets first let the OP get the wiring checked out and go from there!

kens right im not at all concerned with my door speakers atm because thats not my issue its my hu. i was thinking of calling the place where i got it and seeing if they had any ideas to my problem since they were the ones who sold it to me

holy shit this forum is all fail. if his door speakers were clipping because of how crappy they are and because he is putting his volume too high (clearly)... it would cause the head unit to go into protect mode.

holy shit this forum is all fail. if his door speakers were clipping because of how crappy they are and because he is putting his volume too high (clearly)... it would cause the head unit to go into protect mode.

A speaker doesn't clip because of "how crappy it is".

You demonstrated that you truly do not know what clipping is. Let's do some reading here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clipping_%28audio%29

Yup, no mention of "crappy" speakers causing clipping, I believe you fail actually.

This is still going on? wow

Ok look, OP please PM me I will help you with educated answers based on my years of experience and not being a moron.

yea but honestly.. out of all the limited help that some of us is actually providing, i see no evidence of him actually taking our advice.

So i'm done with this thread..

I can only offer advice, it's up to those to use it.

yea but honestly.. out of all the limited help that some of us is actually providing, i see no evidence of him actually taking our advice.

So i'm done with this thread..

I can only offer advice, it's up to those to use it.

well i actually havent been on much at all today but i have turned down some settings and played it at my normal volume and so far the deck didnt shut off. and i didnt have time to check that ground today i didnt have time.

Be sure to check all the connections due to the twist and black tape method

You demonstrated that you truly do not know what clipping is. Let's do some reading here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clipping_%28audio%29

Yup, no mention of "crappy" speakers causing clipping, I believe you fail actually.

obviously it was a figure of speech. sigh im done with this thread, my IQ is dropping being around all the fail.

obviously it was a figure of speech. sigh im done with this thread, my IQ is dropping being around all the fail.

:WTFBubble:

Sounds like you don't have good door speakers, and you need to get some new ones or have them amped at least.

Decks should never be past 3/4 30+ is way too high.

What kind of shit advice is this?

He has a problem with his head unit not his speakers at the moment.

His deck is designed to go 35 max which means it should not be turning off at 30 or any volume within the range for that matter. It's his head unit that has the problem.

New speakers and a new amp won't fix this problem.

No, your settings might have to be turned up or down depending.

If you're only turning that high for your speakers, you should invest in door speakers and amplifier for them for an almost 140 db system

Quoted this to ask you how you know he's going to have a 140db system if he adds door speakers ad an amplifier?

Please inform me on this stupidity.

Refer to the first quote. Thanks for the bad advice.

It's responses like this that make the forum seem that way.

This is why I never come to this forum, you bash peoples post and yet yours doesn't include one shot at a solution.

His subs likely are doing around a 140, yet he has stock speakers on a sub par deck? An amp and speakers wouldn't be a bad investment.

And since decks can "handle" max volume, go turn up your bass, treble, mid and all of the other settings on max, turn it up all the way on stock HU power and get back to me how it sounds.

Go play in traffic

OP either go do some of the suggestions on this thread or talk to the shop.

This is why I never come to this forum, you bash peoples post and yet yours doesn't include one shot at a solution.

His subs likely are doing around a 140, yet he has stock speakers on a sub par deck? An amp and speakers wouldn't be a bad investment.

And since decks can "handle" max volume, go turn up your bass, treble, mid and all of the other settings on max, turn it up all the way on stock HU power and get back to me how it sounds.

Go play in traffic

No where did I ever say it would be beneficial to play at max, or turn all other setting to max, but if it goes to 35 it should go to 35 with no problems. So you're obviously missing the point. In a way I did give him a good lick of advice. It was to not listen to you so he could save some money and time. Plus, you will never know what he's metering unless he meters it so the comment about his subs doing around 140 is invalid based on lack of knowledge.

In response to everybody to has posted, viewed, talked to others, or dreamed about this thread-

Go play in traffic

ive been tweaking the settings a little lately since monday and it hasn't shut off, but i haven't had it on for more than 15 or 20 minutes at a time because ive been too tired from work to go anywhere else. if i get a chance to i'm going to try and look at it sometime this weekend but if not i'm going to go to the place where i got the deck and see what they have to say.

keep us posted

yeah i will thanks for being one of the few thats stuck around to help. ive been busy with work + the shop i planned on going to is closed on weekends i guess so im trying to go in monday before work or tuesday after work.

went to the shop recently and found out the ground on my amp was bad and some wiring was sketchy so we got that fixed and so far i havent had any problems with the deck, plus they modified some settings and im still doin well so i think the problem might be fixed finally.

meh! it happens! lesson learned check your grounds first and go from there!

glad they were able to help you out and this was all resolved!

up untill recently everythings been great, now my subs are making some weird noise, it only seems noticable on the high notes, lows still sound decent but you can kinda hear it in the background.. no idea what it is and the shops busy untill wednesday :suicide-santa: hopefully its nothin too serious

Is it only on certian songs? Try turning down the low pass filter.

Is it only on certian songs? Try turning down the low pass filter.

actually, it might be. i first noticed it on the song put on, but the filter was changed when the ground was fixed, and it was done by the shop. but it seemed to do it on others too, im about to hop in my car soon, so i will check. but other than that im not sure what could cause it because i havent touched any settings for a while, and i didnt notice it before so im not sure whats going on. its deffinatly noticeable on the highs on put on. it makes a loudish noise. almost like a rattling or something in the sub or box. its odd.

edit it also seems like its coming from one sub, but like i said im going to drive somewhere soon and check it out better.

Edited by J_dizzle