Miles

2 10" box build for Dodge 1500

Well i started this tonight. I'm still up in the air between picking either Sundown SA 10's, or Skar Audio VVX 10's. I'm kinda of leaning toward the Skars, simply because not many people have the 10's, and i see a lot of SA10 single cab truck installs.

But anyway, the box is 2.4 cubes net with 2 4" PVC pipes (flared at the end) tuned to 33 hz. Will finish the box in the next couple of days, but still need to sell me current sub to buy the new ones.

Anyone have suggestions on what kind of 10's i should run? I'll be putting about 1300-1400 wrms to the pair.

And, is the little "blocker bar" in front of the port a good idea with the port being only about 7" from the sub? i've had problems before with past enclosures of the port being too close and the sub unloading a lot.

DSC01800.jpg

DSC01801.jpg

DSC01802.jpg

DSC01803.jpg

Both the SA's and the SKAR's are great woofers, pick one and you won't be lead wrong with the amount of quality in both of them.

:gayhaaay1:

Beautiful box by the way!

Thanks! And yeah, i've heard great on both companies, but right now i can get the Skars about $50 cheaper for the pair than the SA's, so i think i will go that route. Just need to sell my Fi Bl 12 and i'll be in business. Haha.

Box is looking nice. Why not keep the bl's ?

I only have 1 12" Bl right now. Can do a 140.0 on the dash with drivers door open. I wanted to try 10's, and was offered $200 cash for my Bl, so might as well take the chance now. Hoping to be louder with these 2 10's.

When i increased cone area i metered wayy mor! Youlm should see a diference more likely.

Ok good. I'm hoping for a higher score on the meter, but i think these will also have better SQ than my Bl. And, this will be saving space behind the seats in my truck.

So, change of plans a little. I found a really good deal on some brand new DD 1510's, so i had to grab them. Put them in the box and in the truck, and wow. For being a lower line DD sub, these sound amazing and hit harder than my Fi Bl did. Here's a few pictures and a video. These subs are still very stuff, so it will be a while before they break in, but i'm loving them so far.

DSC01848.jpg

DSC01850.jpg

DSC01851.jpg

DSC01852.jpg

DSC01853.jpg

Video will come in a few minutes after Youtube is done processing.

Here's a video. And before anyone asks, it's just the camera playing tricks, the subs aren't out of phase. These absolutely destroy the lows.

amazing flex man... Looks great...

Thanks! These are very impressive subs. I had my heart set on some SA's, but that might be a while. I would still like to replace these with SA's, but so far i love these DD's. Need to go get my truck metered now to see what it can do. Just a guess but i'm thinking around a 141 at 40 hz on the dash. Have to see what it can do in the kick panel also. With the passenger door closed this thing is a low end beast. NEVER fealt this much air flow from 2 10's, let alone behind the seats of a singer cab. Might have to get some videos of the air movement this week.

So, went and played around on a Term Lab this afternoon and here's some results:

Windshield 40 hz: 139.4 dB

Windshield 24 hz: 138.8 dB

Kick panel 40 hz: 139.6 dB

Kick panel 23 hz: 139.5 dB

So far i'm very impressed at the low end these things have. Still want a better score so i'm going to build another box (maybe have this one subs behind drivers seat and port firing passenger side toward the top of the box instead of toward the bottom like this box was). I would like some input thought on box designs (volume, tuning, port area). I would like to put up a 142 or over, but still be able to play most music and not be a burp box. However, i do LOOOOVE the lows that this thing produces.

Low 20's and almost playing 140, nice!! :drink40:

23 hz doing almost 40's!! Very respectable

Good work man

Numbers didn't satisfy me enough, so i built another box. This one is 2.5 cubes with 42 sq in of port tuned to 38 hz. There is a big difference in how it sounds (better SQ), and it is noticeably louder in this box. Just because of how it loads in my truck, with the passenger side sealed off, it still kills all the way down to 24 hz. Going to go get it metered next week sometime. Don't think i'm going to do anything to this box as far as covering it goes. Video is still processing so it will be a while before there's a video of this up.

DSC01862.jpg

DSC01861.jpg

DSC01860.jpg

381630_287103334646407_100000402274380_997918_1392607704_n.jpg

NEW NUMBERS!!!

On the dash at 41 hz: 142.5 dB

On the dash at 24 hz: 139.2 dB

Kick panel 41 hz: 143.4 dB

Kick panel 24 hz: 139.9 dB

Very impressed with this box, and these 10's.

Video with the new box. Much louder and tons more flex. Still can't believe what these 1510's are capable of. Fixed my voltage issue, so instead of dropping to 11.5, it's now only dropping to 12.8.

Here's some pictures of the Carbon Fiber vinyl wrap i just put on the box. Tell me what y'all think.

DSC01874.jpg

DSC01873.jpg

DSC01872.jpg

DSC01871.jpg

Looks good, how are you liking those 1510s?

I love them. They are getting louder every day, and have a great kick to them on rock and country.

What happened in the corner? What kind of glue did you use because you might be able to peel it up a little and smooth it and reapply. Also from what I could tell you have a roundover bit and router that you used on the ports in the first box. Next time run it along the hard edges of your box. It will make things come out a lot cleaner.

My $.02

M

I need to go back and stretch it some more (it kind of came undone when i cut the port part out). And i always use 3M Super 77 spray adhesive.

Just got back from metering. As you all know i fixed my voltage problem and so it only drops to about 13 (used to drop to 11.8). Here are some numbers from today. And these numbers are from tones, but it does the exact same numbers on music.

On the dash at 41 hz: 143.0 dB

On the dash at 24 hz: 140.3 dB

In the kick at 41 hz: 144.1 dB

In the kick at 24 hz: 142.1 dB

My amp (Powerbass ASA1500.1) was also clamped during these runs doing 1100 watts, rising from 1 to 2 ohms. I'm very impressed with this amp and these subs. Love the way they sound and this box is very musical, while putting up good numbers for a regular cab on 1100 watts.