J2phat4u

FI BL 12's

I just recently bought 2 FI BL 12's fully loaded with 4 inch voice coils. I have 2 questions for the forum if you guys can please help with me. First i am running a Rockford Fosgate 2500-1bdcp on the and since the subs are dual 1 ohm is this enough power for them? Second, the enclosure i had built for them is 4.23 cubic feet after everything and tuned to 33 hz. Will they sound good in this enclosure or should i have made it bigger? The amp puts out 3,526 watts total. Thanks in advance. :noob:

Do you mean net when you say "after everything", or is that before you subtract port and wood thickness?

Do you mean net when you say "after everything", or is that before you subtract port and wood thickness?

Yes after wood, bracing and everything my net is 4.23 cubic feet.

Yes after everything including bracing my net is 4.23.

Box should be good! :fing34:

I hope so. It seems that these subs need alot of power.

I hope so. It seems that these subs need alot of power.

why do you say that?

Edited by trod2902

I have no idea about the port area because someone built it for me. It has 2 inch baffle, 1 inch bracing inside and 1 inch all around the outside. The reason i think they need alot of power is because i had a set of 12W7's running on this amp and at half volume you couldnt sit in my SUV. With the FI's in i actually had to adjust the gain up to get the same output.

1" all around and a 2" baffle is thick! Thats gonna be nice and strong for sure,

I have no idea about the port area because someone built it for me. It has 2 inch baffle, 1 inch bracing inside and 1 inch all around the outside. The reason i think they need alot of power is because i had a set of 12W7's running on this amp and at half volume you couldnt sit in my SUV. With the FI's in i actually had to adjust the gain up to get the same output.

Not everything else is the same...

I agree!! I think i was more worried about the enclosure being correct air space than anything.

Bl's are the shit banging on mine for over a year now taking 3500rms like a champ :) with the 3inch vc

Well i hope mine come alive in the new enclosure i had built for them.

The new enclosure arrived!!! Oh my God these things are so loud and hit so hard. The wait was worth it.