sundownz

SA-8 v.2 Prototype Completed

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN THESE ARE READY. NEED 4 OF THEM...

Looks pretty badass. :ghost:

Also... DHL did break one so I took that time to cut it down to show a few design / build details of this driver :

CIMG5484.JPG

* Nobody likes to see this ! Felt like someone shot my dog when I saw that.

CIMG5485.JPG

CIMG5486.JPG

* Cone out... nice view of the double leads.

CIMG5489.JPG

* Bottom triple joint ring that we all know and love from the original SA-8

CIMG5490.JPG

* Second triple joint ring between the spiders too -- I like rugged !

CIMG5491.JPG

* Pole cap much like the SD-2 models

CIMG5492.JPG

* Steel ring is bolted in behind each leg of the frame (8 bolts to hold the spacer assembly and spiders in place)

CIMG5494.JPG

* Internal logos and the inside view of the venting ring. Focuses the air on the coil better as well as building the proper velocity.

CIMG5495.JPG

* RIP SA-8 v.2 Frame...

Damn bastids at DHL for destroying that sub!

Is there still going to be a X?

As if this perform as it looks, it should be good enough. Lol.

Also, did you ever say a estimated price? If not, got any round abouts? Like say, no more than $350.(As an example.)

This is the SA-8 v.2 -- the X-8 is an even more dramatic design.

$185 is the estimated MAP price... not bad, IMO!

I know these wasn't the same sub as the X, give me some credit now. Lol.

I was just asking, thought you might of put the X on hold to build this.

Also, meant this should surfice(not as the X but in general), as it looks like one bad mother.

I got one more question.

Was there any reason why you choose to do a vent ring instead of vent holes in the basket?

But I guess you could always drill holes to create vents. Or have them machined.

I got one more question.

Was there any reason why you choose to do a vent ring instead of vent holes in the basket?

But I guess you could always drill holes to create vents. Or have them machined.

Vent ring allows me more flexibility to tailor the air-flow velocity, direction, and entry point. I can change it by just changing a ring as well rather than re-tooling my basket.

If you note it comes in closer to the coil than if the basket was drilled or vented... also if you grab an SA driver the vents in the ring are NOT straight in, they have some shaping to them.

What's the Xmax if you had not already answered that, and when you going to setup the preorder I think I want to do two of these on my SAZ1500D just to blow peoples minds more so than I do with my 2 SA 12s currently.

I got one more question.

Vent ring allows me more flexibility to tailor the air-flow velocity, direction, and entry point. I can change it by just changing a ring as well rather than re-tooling my basket.

If you note it comes in closer to the coil than if the basket was drilled or vented... also if you grab an SA driver the vents in the ring are NOT straight in, they have some shaping to them.

I assumed there was a reason why, I was just curious basically.

I literally said out loud, "holy fucking, motherfucker"

That is seriously one beastly 8" driver

I am getting closer to finalized... still tweaking the coil and spider compliance a bit to get it exactly where I want it to be.

I am entertaining making one last small run of the SA-8 "classic" to tide everyone over if this will take much longer.

SA_8_V2_FirstProto.jpg

First Klippel graph is in from Red Rock.

This sample is offset a bit but thanks to this data we'll make sure they are properly centered on production :)

Suspension turned out quite flat, linear x-max beat FEA prediction, and Le graph is very good as well.

I am still tweaking the absolute CMS value as well as coil length to determine the final production spec... but it's very close!

Cant wait!!