jonbearsmt

alternator wishes come true??

so after months of looking for someone who can build an alternator for me with out breaking the bank, i found a man that will work with me.

my car comes stock with a 4G alternator. a very small case that leave me sad every time.

the man said he can build me a 6G,. its a larger case, with the same bolt up, it has dual fans for cooling, and an under drive pully, and he will send me the pig tail swap to make it pair up with my car, he said its just 2 wires, cut the old ones off wire the new plug up and BAM

240 amps at 1200 RPM, with a 1 year warranty. for right at 200 bucks shipped.

now while talking to this man on the phone for a half hour, he got to talking and was telling me he can build me a 6g alternator, remove everything, put a larger stator in, give me a external rectifier and a external regulator (adjustable from 13 to 18 volts, for about 200 more.. so 400 bucks shipped.

WOW,

so then hes telling me that his so confidant that his normal 240 H/o that if i buy it, and run it.. and it fails within the year then he will refund my money, and put it forward the second option of the external everything, .. so it would cost me 200 bucks to upgrade not 400 on top of the 200 i already spent.

man im jazzed out!!

a very smart Asian man made my day!

unless someone has something to crush my dream

eric , even though im not going your route for funding reasons.. i would very much like to hear your input on the matter, i respect your knowledge and experience, and the people over at powermaster rave about you, thanks

Sounds like you made a come up, if all works out for you I might need you to middle man me an alternator here real soon.

bigjon = middle man

Almost sounds too good to be true? Did he say what internals he uses? Does he solder the diodes in the rectifier?

Almost sounds too good to be true? Did he say what internals he uses? Does he solder the diodes in the rectifier?

not sure what good it would have done if he would have.. i have no clue what would be good/great and would would be poor/shit

i paid for the basic deal today. so i guess we will find out

i paid for the basic deal today. so i guess we will find out

hopefully all goes well for ya

more power :D

not sure what good it would have done if he would have.. i have no clue what would be good/great and would would be poor/shit

Internals will affect efficiency and longevity, soldering may not stand up well against high amperage, and depending on how its wired delta, wye, will effect idle output and max output.

Hope it works. :)

2011-11-10_14-07-31_340.jpg

2011-11-10_14-07-13_238.jpg

2011-11-10_14-07-04_190.jpg

tiny pully,

pig tail

and large case,

so far so good... now lets install it!!

ok.. now

i did do a swap out from a 4g to a 6g, witch in tailed more then i thought it may.. so lastnight i had some problems .(charging at 16+ volts). but after searching the internets i found my problem. and quickly found it today!!

so im all fixed up and running now... only thing left to do is buy a new top mount bracket or customize the one i have.

2011-11-11_10-12-11_478.jpg

this is after a few mins of running, i was charging at 14.8 cold.

so now its time to play and see what this bitch is made of !!

:popcorn: Bring it on brutha!!!!

Dannng that's an awesome deal! Nice find!

Let us know how much of a difference you get!

Edited by Freshh

whos this guy?

2011-11-11_11-25-27_743.jpg

really??? 3/0-4/0 welding wire???? holy hell

yeah yeah yeah!

i also got a amp meter.. so lets see WTF

nice.... hurry up and get it done!!!

SSuper cool. Glad its working!

once its hot it charges at 13~ ish ay idle. :shrug: i hoped for more.. not sure what average is

I hope that my "friend's" gift to me will be at least 14v at idle... Lady friend bought me a mechman 270a... YAY!

once its hot it charges at 13~ ish ay idle. :shrug: i hoped for more.. not sure what average is

What did you do to change the voltage from 16v down to 13-14v? Is there an adjuster, or some way to rewire it?

thats crazy... glad you figured that out quickly...