Sign in to follow this  
mklett33

Clear Sound Build - Grand Prix GXP - Focal, Audiocontrol, Rockford Fos

Just realized I have been posting this build everywhere except for here. Allow me to share:

:cool:

IMAG1019.jpg

IMAG1018.jpg

IMAG1017.jpg

IMAG1016.jpg

IMAG1020.jpg

Amps on the left and right, Processor in the middle. The white plexi is going to be for wires to run through from the audio processor. The rest from the amps will go to the left and right of the amp rack.

Like my speaker adapter? Made it myself, flush trimmed the original shape and then circle routered the new speaker size.

IMAG1038.jpg

Here is some fiberglass laid on the amp rack, there are so many curves I only really need one thick layer and it is strong.

IMAG1039.jpg

So I got it all done, here are the pics:

Foam tape around the inserts to allow for vinyl and suede gap:

IMAG1042.jpg

IMAG1043.jpg

Insert made with body filler:

IMAG1049.jpg

IMAG1048.jpg

IMAG1047.jpg

This area was a pain in the butt to get right...

IMAG1046.jpg

Same here:

IMAG1045.jpg

IMAG1044.jpg

Vinyl Wrapped:

IMAG1050.jpg

Everything else wrapped:

IMAG1052.jpg

IMAG1055.jpg

IMAG1053.jpg

IMAG1054.jpg

IMAG1051.jpg

I think it came out real nice. Now I just have to wait for my wire to get here and start that part of the build...

Loving the start!

Looks Awesome!! Looking forward to more!!

Oh my lord.. Thats not even fair. Amazing quality, looks awesome, im jealous.

Oh my lord.. Thats not even fair. Amazing quality, looks awesome, im jealous.

Haha thanks guys. I will be sure to keep you all updated.

Took a moment to check out your metal art. Really nice!!! I see from this your eye for sharp, clean work!! Yes, keep us updated!!

:phatyo: very nice, since sanding in the grooves was hard I know wrapping it was as well.

Just realized I have been posting this build everywhere except for here. Allow me to share:

:fryingpan:

:drink40: very nice man!

:phatyo: very nice, since sanding in the grooves was hard I know wrapping it was as well.

Yes definitely something you have to start with fresh energy, not at the end of the day as it is time consuming as all hell.

If you guys have any questions about the foam tape, how I made the templates, etc. Let me know!

Took a moment to check out your metal art. Really nice!!! I see from this your eye for sharp, clean work!! Yes, keep us updated!!

Thanks,

It is another passion of mine. I am starting to have too many hobbies. But it keeps me busy and the gf likes it too.

Thanks,

It is another passion of mine. I am starting to have too many hobbies. But it keeps me busy and the gf likes it too.

Is that possible?

Thanks,

Is that possible?

When you have a full time job yes. Well at least I feel that way, haha. New Puppy, working out, xbox, car audio, artwork, PhotoShop/Illustrator, CAD design, work, and girlfriend make my life busy

Came out great, I can really appreciate how much work you put into that, considering how much fiberglass work I've done and messed with. If I tried to wrap that, I would have been in a very bad mood for a long time, possibly killed a few people too. :suicide-santa:

:fing34:

Came out great, I can really appreciate how much work you put into that, considering how much fiberglass work I've done and messed with. If I tried to wrap that, I would have been in a very bad mood for a long time, possibly killed a few people too. :suicide-santa:

:fing34:

Haha yeah it took some time. Once you learn how to wrap though it is a great skill to have. There are some tricks you can do to save time as well...

Ok so after a lot of debating between the BL and the Q I decided to get an 12" FI BL. I took advantage of their black Friday deal for all the free options. Can't wait to get the beast. This leads to my next question:

I am going to do sub forward. This decision will make sense once you see my plans for the entire layout. The question is should I do port forward as well or port up? Keep in mind I have a nice big 6" by 10" hole in the rear deck where the factory amplifier used to reside. If porting up I would shoot directly through this hole. What do you guys think?

if you're looking for performance, i've seen subs forward, port to the side work great as long as you have enough room for the port to "load" off the sidewall. If you are still thinking port through the rear deck. go to My link and click on "trunk bass". it has a lot of good info and really helpful to trunk builds

if you're looking for performance, i've seen subs forward, port to the side work great as long as you have enough room for the port to "load" off the sidewall. If you are still thinking port through the rear deck. go to My link and click on "trunk bass". it has a lot of good info and really helpful to trunk builds

Thanks for that, now you have me wanting to cut a hole in my rear deck. Haha. The thing is I usually drive with the rear seats down to enjoy the bass. So I don't think I need to do that. Because of the port length need I am going to do sub forward port forward.

good quality work right there. cant wait to see it when its finished... sub forward port forward should work good. lets see more pics :)

good quality work right there. cant wait to see it when its finished... sub forward port forward should work good. lets see more pics :)

Working on it, stay tuned.

Here is my plan for the box. I will build it this way so I can try sub forward and sub backward. If I like one more than the other I will just switch the bottom of the box around so that the contour for the amp rack is on the side I want it. I can then proceed with doing my fiberglass fork to add the professionalism to the install.

Note the kerf's :)

BLBox.png

Box design looks very cool. Good luck with the build :fing34:

Good luck on the rest. The BL is an awesome choice. I love mine. You will enjoy it

Edit; that is one nicely designed box. Can't wait to see the real version

Edited by Chainsaw