Mark LaFountain

Outrageous Deal | 4 - 6 pm EST | Tonight! 11-27-2011

Mark and Aaron this Outrageous Deal was a great idea! I was not able to buy anything, but I enjoyed looking for the sale item on my phone and it helped pass my night at work. Hell we were acting like it was a scavenger hunt to see who could find it first. :)

Thanks guys, this is a totally new thing we are doing, we are thinking about making it a permanent thing on SSA, we will have to iron out our server issues first of course though. We think it will be a great addition to the other promotions we do, and at the same time, save someone a lot of money.

Saleception. A sale with-in a sale. ;)

You guys just keep getting beter. :fing34:

Great idea on having it as a recurring event ... However, I received notice of the sale after the event had happened. So for instance this past Sunday's, I received an e-mail / newletter about it when it had already past.

So unless you were actively in the forums and in the section, I don't think many knew about it. Or shall I say, AS MANY.

Anyways, just giving the heads up to your newsletter subscribers would be great, probably just a time / server issue, I understand.

Edited by DaVibe

We had sent news letters out for all three, just seems like the last one got out late to a few people. We will be upgrading the server again very shortly. I will put it this way, average traffic load during this black Friday sale, has been (according to our host), nearly 2.25 times the normal load. Now, during the OD's we have had, the average traffic load was quadruple that.

Aaron there is really no need to explain yourself just shows how ungrateful and not thankful people really are. Its a shame really

Not getting much sleep. :sleepwerd4: Aaron and Mark they did a great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had sent news letters out for all three, just seems like the last one got out late to a few people. We will be upgrading the server again very shortly. I will put it this way, average traffic load during this black Friday sale, has been (according to our host), nearly 2.25 times the normal load. Now, during the OD's we have had, the average traffic load was quadruple that.

Two thumbs up for Aaron and Mark :fing34::fing34:

^ agreed.

I personally dont think an email shoyld be sent out...

Just post up a thread about it that way like Jon said... people that have 15 posts in the last year wont get the items. And people who are always frequenting the forums should know about it by the thread that gets posted. Just my thoughts.

But anyways... Mark and Aaron are great. They do anything and everything possible to help. I cant wait to meet them.

:)

^ agreed.

I personally dont think an email shoyld be sent out...

Just post up a thread about it that way like Jon said... people that have 15 posts in the last year wont get the items. And people who are always frequenting the forums should know about it by the thread that gets posted. Just my thoughts.

But anyways... Mark and Aaron are great. They do anything and everything possible to help. I cant wait to meet them.

:)

I think it should be one item to a customer. once you win you sit the rest out.

Aaron there is really no need to explain yourself just shows how ungrateful and not thankful people really are. Its a shame really

Excuse me? All I'm suggesting is to reach even more people, since they're considering doing this type of promotion again, they should send out a notice a few days, maybe even a week in advance on the site home page / newsletter subscriber base to really hype up the event and get people excited.

You may be a forum faithful and you may want to keep these deals for yourself, but there's also a business side / product exposure that can be gained from this but hey, maybe you just don't get that.

Oh and by the way, I've been watching the deals since Friday, so just like you I haven't missed a thing. I think they've been outstanding, especially the "Outrageous" deals that a few members have been able to catch. Unheard of.

Thanks for your input!

Not really worried about explaining myself, just making the situation very clear. Mark and I have always been very up front and honest, something that I have found to be against the norm in this industry, so I prefer to clarify when someone has a question or does not understand, or as in other websites thinking something "was afoot".

Excuse me? All I'm suggesting is to reach even more people, since they're considering doing this type of promotion again, they should send out a notice a few days, maybe even a week in advance on the site home page / newsletter subscriber base to really hype up the event and get people excited.

You may be a forum faithful and you may want to keep these deals for yourself, but there's also a business side / product exposure that can be gained from this but hey, maybe you just don't get that.

Oh and by the way, I've been watching the deals since Friday, so just like you I haven't missed a thing. I think they've been outstanding, especially the "Outrageous" deals that a few members have been able to catch. Unheard of.

Thanks for your input!

With ever upgraded server, email speed should improve. Essentially what happened was that the server was over loaded and could not process all the page requests or email submissions etc., in other words we found out we surpassed the capabilities of the server again, and we have to adjust upward again. :)

Thanks for your input!

Or you should visit the site more often, or maybe even contribute to the site. Dont complain about a sale you missed regardless of the conditions. I dont want to keep these deals to myself, I could care less about sales. If I cant afford it at the regular price then I dont deserve it at the discounted price.

My first comment wasnt even directed to you but thanks for feeling guilty :suicide-santa:

That's the thing. I'm not complaining. Wow.

Ok, moving on.

Just curious, will there be an "outrageous" deal today?

we are trying to get the server up to par to handle such huge traffic bursts, once we feel confident that is done, we will announce the next one.

wow ANOTHER ONE that is AWESOME and just in time for cyber monday! O I wonder what it could be? XS batteries? lol jk!

Don't worry guys, when the server is all up and ready,. Mark is just gonna give away some stuff and ship it to Hzd Skizzy since he keeps getting everything, lol.

He got practically a whole setup now (not just from SSA deals) for crazy prices.

Mark just did a minor tweak to the server with NO down time, that should solve the connection issue with people hitting F5 over and over. ;)

We are working on a solutions that should be able to handle a huge amount of traffic without breaking a sweat.

Please bare with us.

We are working on a solutions that should be able to handle a huge amount of traffic without breaking a sweat.

Please bare with us.

Take your time man! we are in no rush!! and you are doing an excellent job thus far!