irvin productionz

difference between low tuned ported box and 4th order

i am planning on upgrading my system, but im still undecided if i should make it ported or a 4th order box, what will be the pros or cons of each, and what would be better

it will be a blowthrough on a silverado, planning for 4 15" dc lvl 4 and a dc 5k, but right now i just want to build a box first, thanks

A vented box is a 4th order.

Do you mean a 4th order bandpass?

If so, then a bandpass can have higher efficiency over a smaller bandwidth... That's about it in a nut shell.

If you mean in the bed of the truck below window line. Then there is no option. It has to be a 4th order bandpass.

If so, then a bandpass can have higher efficiency over a smaller bandwidth... That's about it in a nut shell.

Purely out of curiosity, I know this will depend on tuning but how large is the bandpass? I know usually you would tune fairly high what would be the usable frequency and most efficient?

If you mean in the bed of the truck below window line. Then there is no option. It has to be a 4th order bandpass.

Why would it have to be bandpass?

Purely out of curiosity, I know this will depend on tuning but how large is the bandpass? I know usually you would tune fairly high what would be the usable frequency and most efficient?

You can model it up in winisd.

Unless you can fit all 4 straight across the bed with the port, then it won't be.

Unless you can fit all 4 straight across the bed with the port, then it won't be.

Unless the front "chamber" is tuned, it's not a bandpass enclosure. Same idea as a manifold enclosure used extensively in HT. Albeit it's in a ported box and not IB

is that your truck thats in your avitar ?? If so, I'd like to see more pics of it ...