Angelboy863

New sub stage - which would be louder?

I have a 2 door Honda civic. Bass would be in trunk.

I currently have 1 sa10 in a ported box tuned 30-31 hz powered by kicker zx 400.1

I love this setup but I want more bass

My thoughts are

2 sa10s ported tuned 32-34hz powered by kicker 1000.1

Or

1 sa15 ported tuned 32-34hz powered by kicker 750.1

Which would be louder in my trunk?

I guess this is kind of a cone area vs power thing .. Either way would work for me ..

I've been researching stuff but haven't really found an answer so I'm hoping you guys can help me out lol.

And sorry if I left out any information. Thanks for reading!

Oh and electrical would be mechman 250amp alt. (still have to buy) Kinetik 800 under hood and kinetik 2000 in trunk. 1/0 kicker wiring.

I currently have 1 sa10 in a ported box tuned 30-31 hz powered by kicker zx 400.1

My thoughts are

Or

I guess this is kind of a cone area vs power thing .. Either way would work for me ..

I've been researching stuff but haven't really found an answer so I'm hoping you guys can help me out lol.

Why would you have less power available for the 15? I'd probably do the extra 10 because it'll be cheaper and there won't be too much of a difference in output between the two.

didnt you have the night shades ? wtf did you do with them?

Sold them to some friends. I can buy one back for $350

2 10s

My thoughts are

Or

Why would you have less power available for the 15? I'd probably do the extra 10 because it'll be cheaper and there won't be too much of a difference in output between the two.

Well I didn't wanna over power the sa15

Some guy locally is selling a sa15 in custom box for $200. And another sa10 is about $200. I already have the kicker amps (well they are my uncle's)

I also have a 15" sundown nightshade as an option but it would be powered by the kicker 1000.1. I'm not paying for more amps lol

There wouldn't be a difference in output not by the slightest?

2 10"s with that power should be louder than 1 15 with 75% of the power...

Why kicker amps? Unless you are getting a hell of a deal on them, they are expensive watt/dollar... And they do rated power, but not anything impressive... Sounds like you need a sundown SAX-1200d instead of a kicker 1000.1... I've used both products and no offense to the Kicker products but they are "popular" but not spectacular.

bandpass 1 15 or something i have a guy here in tampa/brandon that will build the box just dont bull shit him he has a 4 door honda something he is talking about doing 4 10s. just do whats in you price range the extra 250 watts prob wont matter.

the guy who does the boxes works for some of the best shops around here for way less of a price.

Edited by steveo50

My thoughts are

Or

Some guy locally is selling a sa15 in custom box for $200. And another sa10 is about $200. I already have the kicker amps (well they are my uncle's)

I also have a 15" sundown nightshade as an option but it would be powered by the kicker 1000.1. I'm not paying for more amps lol

I would do the nightshade hands down.

My thoughts are

Or

I would do the nightshade hands down.

Nightshade on 1000 rms. Is that necessary lol

Not a problem at all man. I run a zcon on 1500. Then there is always room to upgrade power in the future. I guarantee you will be shocked with the output on only 1k

2 10"s with that power should be louder than 1 15 with 75% of the power...

Why kicker amps? Unless you are getting a hell of a deal on them, they are expensive watt/dollar... And they do rated power, but not anything impressive... Sounds like you need a sundown SAX-1200d instead of a kicker 1000.1... I've used both products and no offense to the Kicker products but they are "popular" but not spectacular.

Yes hell of a deal, theyre free lol. I don't have the money for amps only electrical upgrades for now. I do want to run sundown amps but they are godly expensive. . I sold my saz1500 awhile back, wish i didn't lol

agreed with rick thats what im doing i have two 1000w rms subs on 1200w amp and plan to upgrade power to do 1k per sub and i have 1 15 in now and its more then i thought it would be. under power then put rated power in the long run

Aren't bandpass boxes huge? I still want room in my trunk. I got guys who build boxes really good. But thanks :)

The nightshade is more money than I bargained for but you've convinced me. It's true I have the option for more power in the future. But since we are on the topic,

1 10" nightshade vs 1 15" nightshade

I'm assuming the 15 is louder? On same wattage?

I would only do the nightshade if planning to up the power in the future, if it were me... I'm sure that it will be louder than your current set up, and leave plenty of room for improvement, but you will only be happy with 1000 watts on a nightshade for so long.

Reason for asking, I want to be loud and have people ask what in the trunk and I tell them 1 ten!!

yea bro do a 15 a larger sub is PRETTY much always louder. yea a bandpass is a very large box.

Aren't bandpass boxes huge? I still want room in my trunk. I got guys who build boxes really good. But thanks :)

The nightshade is more money than I bargained for but you've convinced me. It's true I have the option for more power in the future. But since we are on the topic,

1 10" nightshade vs 1 15" nightshade

I'm assuming the 15 is louder? On same wattage?

The fifteen would have more output for sure, if it is in a proper enclosure.

I would only do the nightshade if planning to up the power in the future, if it were me... I'm sure that it will be louder than your current set up, and leave plenty of room for improvement, but you will only be happy with 1000 watts on a nightshade for so long.

Agreed. I may upgrade to sundown amps in the future. I'm just saying, I have the kicker amps I'd like to utilize them.. They are sexy too lol. The thing is I downgraded because I felt like the bass was too much, now I feel I dont have enough bass. You never realize what you got till it's gone!!

I'm curious as to why you say ONLY if he plans to upgrade power? Wouldn't the nightshade be louder than the other two options and leave him with the ability to upgrade power if he wants? Not trying to "start" anything just wondering.

Yeah, nightshades has thingys louder than sa's lmfao

but first you will have to break into your chicks car and steal it right? then install it behind her back.

but first you will have to break into your chicks car and steal it right? then install it behind her back.

You get the idea!

Today was our 2 year anniversary! Well, yesterday since it's 1:54 am here.

Edited by Angelboy863