graydodge14

Looking for a processor

Hey guys, im currently redoing my build. I plan on doing two 8" sundown neo pro along with a good tweeter in each door as well as maybe glassing a 4" component set in the pillars. Also gonna be running 4 DC 15" XL's, but im looking now at a processor. This is my first big build like this and im new to this whole processor thing so be gentle please haha.

My headunit is the pioneer Avic-Z130BT if that matters. I just want to clean things up a bit and do everything the right way so can someone suggest what i need to do and just exactly what a processor will do in my setup?

Hey guys, im currently redoing my build. I plan on doing two 8" sundown neo pro along with a good tweeter in each door as well as maybe glassing a 4" component set in the pillars. Also gonna be running 4 DC 15" XL's, but im looking now at a processor. This is my first big build like this and im new to this whole processor thing so be gentle please haha.

My headunit is the pioneer Avic-Z130BT if that matters. I just want to clean things up a bit and do everything the right way so can someone suggest what i need to do and just exactly what a processor will do in my setup?

Budget?

Dont really have a set budget, already spending enough as it is so i would say anywhere from 300-700. Im just not positive if i need a processor in my setup or not. Still trying to learn about it.

Dont really have a set budget, already spending enough as it is so i would say anywhere from 300-700. Im just not positive if i need a processor in my setup or not. Still trying to learn about it.

I don't know why you would have an extra component set.

A used JBL MS8 would be atractive as would a RF 360.2, those are the two that come to mind in the 300-400 range.

Yeah ive been checking out the 360.2 and saw the 360.3 is coming out sometime next year. What exactly will using this processor accomplish, i know it will better eq and all that but is this ideal in my setup? Running the Midrange and possibly super tweets is this what i want in my setup or am i better spending the money else where?

i dont think super tweets are sq. i may be wrong but i would not do that.

You will need processing to run 4 channels of fronts.

i think OP needs to do some reading on what exactly active processing is. bcae1.com i would read the whole thing, but more importantly, read the sections on crossovers and eq.

I know what all that is and I know what active processing is. My plan was to run the 2 8" sundowns together to get a 4 ohm load on one channel of an amp. So that necessarily wouldn't be running active in that aspect. I just want something that will be loud and clean to keep up with 4 15's on 5-7000 watts, and super tweets were my first thought but I haven't ever used or heard them. So if someone wants to give my guidance on what to run and what type of processor I should use I would appreciate it.

audison bit 0ne, RF 3sixty.2 or the jbl ms 8 are fire. kinda pricey new but totaly worth every penny.

if you want to do it the hassle free way get one of the following.

P80RS

Alpine 9887

One step up would be the

D2 (can do 3way active)

eclipse 7200

All these units will do more then most people want and will give you a cd/processor combo for less then 1k.

Good standalone processors will start at around $700 + but the price usually don't stop there you need to buy controllers and such unless u buy something such as the 205 but all of a sudden you are looking at double the price.

in this range something like the alpine 800 or bit 1 are popular choices.

Once you reach this point I would look at things like the P90 and such, but in all reality the first few will be the most logical options unless you are a heavy into SQ and then you wont be running 4 15's

The MS8 will probably be one of the cheapest and easiest to setup out of the box, specially used.

I know what all that is and I know what active processing is.

sorry, your idea of throwing in a coax was kind of strange... anyways, still good info for anyone who's curious.

My plan was to run the 2 8" sundowns together to get a 4 ohm load on one channel of an amp. So that necessarily wouldn't be running active in that aspect. I just want something that will be loud and clean to keep up with 4 15's on 5-7000 watts, and super tweets were my first thought but I haven't ever used or heard them. So if someone wants to give my guidance on what to run and what type of processor I should use I would appreciate it.

im not very familar with the 8's, how high can they play?

if you want to run a 3 way, you need something like wants been suggested.

the mid would have to keep up with the midbass. so your looking for a high eff. mid (no typical "car audio" mid will work here). also, i assume you would pair it up with a large format tweeter.

others run horns, which might be a better option. if the 8's can pair up with the horns, and no tweeter is needed, then i think that would be a "simpler" option, in terms of install and tuning (assuming you can fit a horn). since its just a 2way + sub, your xover could be cheaper.

i cant imagine super tweeters being a good idea unless this is a show car or something... or if your already deaf haha

P80RS

Alpine 9887

One step up would be the

D2 (can do 3way active)

eclipse 7200

All these units will do more then most people want and will give you a cd/processor combo for less then 1k.

Good standalone processors will start at around $700 + but the price usually don't stop there you need to buy controllers and such unless u buy something such as the 205 but all of a sudden you are looking at double the price.

Once you reach this point I would look at things like the P90 and such, but in all reality the first few will be the most logical options unless you are a heavy into SQ and then you wont be running 4 15's

you can find the used alpine 3 way deck super cheap as well. picked up a 9855 for 150 for my bro's install. 9815, 9813, 9835,9833,9855,9853 just to name afew.

P80RS

Alpine 9887

One step up would be the

D2 (can do 3way active)

eclipse 7200

you can find the used alpine 3 way deck super cheap as well. picked up a 9855 for 150 for my bro's install. 9815, 9813, 9835,9833,9855,9853 just to name afew.

that's Awesome! around here things are ex-as hell. Good used decks keep their value and wont go below 350-400 till they die or no one wants them.

Thnaks for the replies guys. Im still not sure what to do, i spend 800 dollars on the Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT headunit so i kinda dont want to ditch it. I guess i realisticlly could just hook it all straight up to an amp and bypass a processor i just wasnt sure if it was neccasry to run a processor. I dont really need an active front stage as im not to worried about if its active or passive, i just want something to can play decently low, hit high clean mids, keep up with the 4 15" subs, but also be fiberglassed and look somewhat cool for local shows and what not. I know its a lot to ask for in speakers but i know it can be done its just taking some research on my part on what to purchase.

Thnaks for the replies guys. Im still not sure what to do, i spend 800 dollars on the Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT headunit so i kinda dont want to ditch it. I guess i realisticlly could just hook it all straight up to an amp and bypass a processor i just wasnt sure if it was neccasry to run a processor. I dont really need an active front stage as im not to worried about if its active or passive, i just want something to can play decently low, hit high clean mids, keep up with the 4 15" subs, but also be fiberglassed and look somewhat cool for local shows and what not. I know its a lot to ask for in speakers but i know it can be done its just taking some research on my part on what to purchase.

just use your crossovers or buy some that suite your needs unless you want to do TA I think you should be good to go. If you have a amp like the Sundown SAZ range you can use the built in filters and you will be golden without buying any thing else.