clab333

SQ 15" Subwoofer

Fi builds SSA woofers. They are both great American companies. If the budget is your most important factor go with the SSD. You won't be disappointed and probably wouldn't notice a difference in SQ terms.

Additional info: Im MOST LIKELY going to keep my Hifonics 1200w @ 1 ohm amp to push whatever i get so keep that in mind...

Who's designing enclosure?

Me...

Thats mostly why im even changing my setup at all, to build another box lol.

Edited by clab333

The SSD would be great all around daily sub for the power you have to play with. The SSD will sound good when you want it to play nice and still get crazy when your in the mood. The SSA subs are built by FI so either way you can't go wrong on build quality.

Fi builds SSA woofers. They are both great American companies. If the budget is your most important factor go with the SSD. You won't be disappointed and probably wouldn't notice a difference in SQ terms.

Thanks man for the help, and everyone else lol. I think I AM A go for the SSD and just go all out on the box and make up for SQ that way.

I was just wondering.

I think going with the SSD is a good choice! Let us know how you like it!

You need to give more info about the enclosure if you already have it built.

From reading your comments, you won't notice a difference from the SSD to the ICON or the Q. Get the SSD. I have played with all 3 subs before.

To tell you the truth, you could stick with the SA sub and rebuild the box for smoother sound.

You need to give more info about the enclosure if you already have it built.

From reading your comments, you won't notice a difference from the SSD to the ICON or the Q. Get the SSD. I have played with all 3 subs before.

To tell you the truth, you could stick with the SA sub and rebuild the box for smoother sound.

I havent built the box yet.

And i have SA-12s and i wanna try a 15 out so i might as well explore other brands outside of sundown. The sound is smooth right now and to my liking, again i dont have a shit setup right now or anything, just wanting to change it up a bit, build a new box, and explore other subs in the world of car audio.

The ssd is an awesome sub you can't really go wrong by choosing any fi or ssa driver.