Sencheezy

Team IAK IronMan Explorer

Looks good and nice score. What is you goal (db)?

A 1" wood dowel brace 44" isn't going to work. It will flex.

^

I didn't know what size dowel should be used, but switching to something larger isn't going to change the net volume enough to matter Sencheezy.

I was actually going to mention it last night, but forgot. :P

Edited by stefanhinote

^

I didn't know what size dowel should be used, but switching to something larger isn't going to change the net volume enough to matter Sencheezy.

I was actually going to mention it last night, but forgot. tongue.png

What factors were sued to determine enclosure size?

^

His space restrictions, port placement, and ease of placemnt for swapping ports. Made the box a little bigger then the recommended to gain some efficiency, not using a massive amp here. On paper, the larger box didn't seem to mess with the fr very much, just raised the peak a bit, which will probably be good for spl comps.

*Specs provided by StefanHinote

this is who i was going to refer you too...sorry for the delay

larger diameter all thread seems to be a popular choice.

^

His space restrictions, port placement, and ease of placemnt for swapping ports. Made the box a little bigger then the recommended to gain some efficiency, not using a massive amp here. On paper, the larger box didn't seem to mess with the fr very much, just raised the peak a bit, which will probably be good for spl comps.

I see. I had it in a 4.11^3ft and it was quiet. Just wondering if larger enclosures are better for this driver.

On some drivers, the larger enclosure flattens the response, and depending how far you go, raises output / lowers it, depending on the region your focusing on.

For the zcon, the larger enclosure just raised the already present peak, at least in modeling.

Looks good and nice score. What is you goal (db)?

Thanks nem! My goal would to be louder than last MECA, which was a flat 140, the first place winner was 141.4, so I am also looking to beat that.

A 1" wood dowel brace 44" isn't going to work. It will flex.

I am not using a single dowel, instead, I will be using 6 with a 4"x4" plate to displace more bracing.

*Specs provided by StefanHinote

this is who i was going to refer you too...sorry for the delay

Its all good, thanks anyways, I know your a busy man.

Time for an update!!

I am feeling very good about this box build so far! The Zcon showed up in great condition, thank you very much Edoub. I am taking a small break right now as I've been working at this since I woke up (12ish). I'm making great progess, and I usually don't stop till I'm finish. Also, with the help of a friend, we have taken out the third row seating, and the stock subwoofer. After this update, I'm going to go back and finish up :D

So for now, enjoy some pics!

Gutted out third row

IMG_20120302_200551.jpg

Stock woofer location

IMG_20120302_202157.jpg

Stock Woofer

IMG_20120302_202225.jpg

My friend Dj installing the legs to keep the false floor level.

IMG_20120302_210316.jpg

Draw out of 4x4 displacement plate

IMG_20120302_211740.jpg

Another

IMG_20120302_211749.jpg

Third Row

IMG_20120302_200528.jpg

Zcon Shipping

IMG_20120302_155833.jpg

Zcon

IMG_20120302_162254.jpg

8 Cut Outs, Double Baffle, Flush

IMG_20120302_170721.jpg

Clamps, Dowels, 10" Concrete Foam Tube

IMG_20120302_181605.jpg

New Tube vs Old 10" vs 8"

IMG_20120302_184841.jpg

And after 10hrs of updating with the board update :Doh: Thats all I have atm, will now go back to work!! Also, for the dowels, I'm doing 2 Vertical, 2 Horizontal, and 2 Depth. I hope this works! Can't say enough thanks to Stefan, great guy :wub:

very nice! :)

Looks fun. I have to say I dread cutting panels, I can never get them straight, even with a table saw. Matter of fact, I'd rather fiberglass stuff.

Can't wait to hear the results. :)

very nice! smile.png

Thanks tim!

Looks fun. I have to say I dread cutting panels, I can never get them straight, even with a table saw. Matter of fact, I'd rather fiberglass stuff.

Can't wait to hear the results. smile.png

It is fun, I'm actually enjoying this lol, but, dreading on cutting the panels is the pain I feel! Wow, and lets not start to talk about straight lines or sanding!! FML!!!

I can't wait either, I hope I make some noise :peepwall:

Small update, I have finished my bracing dowels finally! Omg, that took forever, I got to go and get more screws now tho, and food, I'm starvin like marvin right now! Curse fast matabalizm :finger:

Bracing Plates pre-cuts

IMG_20120302_221555.jpg

Don't mind the mess ups above^^ My excellent carpentre at its best :lol:

Here they are stacked up, I smooved the edges, will it make it louder? I doubt it, but it looks nice lol

IMG_20120302_225942.jpg

And heres the final product

IMG_20120303_001457.jpg

And thats where I stand ATM, once I get back, I suppose I'm going to try and place some panels together, *nervous* Wish me luck!!

I have those clamps! Much better than the squeeze type. The pads are a little small and they seem to want to dig into the wood so I cut a bunch of little squares out of scrap to help displace the direct pressure. Altho I do like to clamp the hell out of things too which doesn't help lol.

Good to see some progress, I'm slacking big time.

I have those clamps! Much better than the squeeze type. The pads are a little small and they seem to want to dig into the wood so I cut a bunch of little squares out of scrap to help displace the direct pressure. Altho I do like to clamp the hell out of things too which doesn't help lol.

I believe these were the best value by far, sears and Lowes was about 24$ for 24", where these 20" were only 4.xx$ a piece! I will use them in the morning, I'm tired as balls right now to began putting the panels together, plus I need another set of hands.

looking good man!

Thanks choo! :Doh:

Good to see some progress, I'm slacking big time.

Yea, progress is always good :D

Stop slacking!! lol

ok, last update for the night, I've been at this for 15hours today, and I'm beat, will conitnue tommorrow.

Not really much of a progress since going to get food, I cut my daily port to length, will pain the outside tommorrow, but I layed gorilla ducktape in the inside walls, to help with the flow of the air. Maybe it will increase .002 dbs? :lol:

IMG_20120303_024654.jpg

Take care of that ZCON! It is extra special wink.png

I am really anxious to hear your thoughts on this!

I am really anxious to hear your thoughts on this!

Me too!!

WOW! You been a busy man. Progress is lookin good bro. I'll hit ya up a lil later.......gonna do some testing and hit the TL again today ;)

SSA subs are yummmmmmy!