Dangrebel

Securing box?

I have a gmc Sierra ext cab and I have a half wall box. How could I secure it so if I crash it doesn't kill me?!

Bolts with metal plates as washers to spread the load. Really, if the impact is severe enough, nothing is going to save you, but I like your thinking.

Damn good idea. But how do all the people with the walls secure their boxes?

Damn good idea. But how do all the people with the walls secure their boxes?

Most people don't........

Proper walls are built as a part of the vehicle, but no one takes the time to do that anymore.

I mean the gmc Sierra walls. everyone I've seen has been built outside the vehicle and secured in somehow. I wish I could build it as part of the vehicle but my dad won't let me do that. Lol

Edited by Dangrebel

I'm sure a lot of "wall" builds you aren't secured at all. :lol:

If you can find any existing threads/nuts where your wall is going, and you can use a large bolt and washer, and screw it into that. As Tirefryr said, use as many mounting points as possible.

have it on the passenger side :suicide-santa: jk

bolt it down....

Lol!!! Naw this thing is 54in long. It takes up every space back there!!

have it on the passenger side :suicide-santa: jk

bolt it down....

Lol!!! Naw this thing is 54in long. It takes up every space back there!!

im assuming your removing the back seat mine was 56 long 24 width and 26 high until i sold my 2 18's

Yea, my backseats been out since last July. Haha!! The box is 54x32x22.5 port on drivers side subs forward @32hz

Could get some cobra glue an glue it in place. Might need a crowbar to take it out but it will stay there.

Id weld together a frame with square tubing then bolt it to the frame, then use that as a platform/mounting base to secure the actual wall to.

I used metal rectangular bars with pre drilled holes and used that to make a platform that i then bolted to my floor then I screwed the box to the platform

Well I can do anything to dramatic, my dad already doesn't like the idea of of a wall. So I'm trying to keep it where I can take it out and it look like stock again

Well I can do anything to dramatic, my dad already doesn't like the idea of of a wall. So I'm trying to keep it where I can take it out and it look like stock again

As long as you keep the headliner, carpet, trim pieces, etc undamaged you will have no problem returning to "stock". Just bolt it down and the carpet should cover anything that you've done.

Yea that's what I'm doing but I'm having a hard time figuring it out haha

seems like you could use some "long" "all threaded" bolts to go from the inside of the box (enclosure) thru the bottom of the truck with lock washers and lock nuts ...