lamchop_8

Sub Comparison

Holy crap Drew.

To answer the above question, the BL's are an excellent option for brute force output being top priority.

Granted he's only running 3k :P

Holy crap Drew.

To answer the above question, the BL's are an excellent option for brute force output being top priority.

Don't think you need much more for a daily driver. :eek5wavey:

I'm running 5k on a single Zcon :)

Best I can do is a single 15 xcon on 2k. :morepower1:

I’ll start this with a question, It might help you with some of yours. If SQ is not a concern only Tl numbers why are you set on tuning to 32hrz why not 36 maybe 38hrz? Or are you looking for something that will produce low end. Not sure if you are 100% true to your goal, usually when concerned with number you tune higher and when looking for a nice daily setup you are somewhat concerned with sq. Is there a happy median between the two? Sure but where that is is up to you! Compromise is the key here..

I’ll start this with a question, It might help you with some of yours. If SQ is not a concern only Tl numbers why are you set on tuning to 32hrz why not 36 maybe 38hrz? Or are you looking for something that will produce low end. Not sure if you are 100% true to your goal, usually when concerned with number you tune higher and when looking for a nice daily setup you are somewhat concerned with sq. Is there a happy median between the two? Sure but where that is is up to you! Compromise is the key here..

Well said! :popcorn:

Yes I want to do good on the TL. but I chose 32-34 because I love my lows to. I dont wanna tune to high I want the best of both worlds. So I figured tuning around there would be just right and it will still do a good late 140 on the TL.

Holy crap Drew.

Thanks man. So BL's it is.

Y U NO RUN SSA? :D

I mainly looking for loudness and the guy "Denim" on da 2nd page knows alot about those subs and he basically said with my goal the Bl's would be louder. Another guy said the xcons have better sq but they wont get louder. what do you suggest. Do you know about Fi & SSA products personally? Such as the BL & Xcon?

Edited by Randy.D

Yes I want to do good on the TL. but I chose 32-34 because I love my lows to. I dont wanna tune to high I want the best of both worlds. So I figured tuning around there would be just right and it will still do a good late 140 on the TL.

Don't forget about the transfer function ;)

It's difficult to make any sort of tuning recommendation based on the info given. That said, generally I would be wary of any low tuning recommendations you receive. Cabin gain will likely reinforce the low end significantly so tuning that low may result in a bloated low end.

xcons are still my choice. :ughdunno:

Are you not interested in anything other than 18s? What are your max dimensions?

I mainly looking for loudness and the guy "Denim" on da 2nd page knows alot about those subs and he basically said with my goal the Bl's would be louder. Another guy said the xcons have better sq but they wont get louder. what do you suggest. Do you know about Fi & SSA products personally? Such as the BL & Xcon?

what do you consider loud? :ughdunno:

I never said one would be louder then the other, just saying the BL sounds like the best fit. Don't worry the Xcon can get painfully loud. ;)

Why is the xcon and BL even being compared for loudness. This is like comparing a BL and a N2 BTL for loudness.

These two drivers are two different "levels" of drivers.

You know he is actually one of the Co-Owners of SSA. ;)

I personally own ZCON's, but I've heard all the SSA woofers. They all sound great and all get very loud.

It all boils down to power and enclosure :

id recommend the ssa zcon. i have 1 zcon 15 on a audioque 3500.1 and i love it. iv never had it metered but id say its in the low 140's

id recommend the ssa zcon. i have 1 zcon 15 on a audioque 3500.1 and i love it. iv never had it metered but id say its in the low 140's

Thats what I was thinking! The BL's are 404$ and da Zcons are 468$ and the Zcons seem better built, they have better sq, better low end, and louder (Overall better). I might jus get those. I can gain db, have better sq, and have better built subs etc. for a lil xtra $! Also, since I got the Hifonics HFI3000D's those Zcons will love getting 2500+wrms each! Seems like a fairly LOUD setup.

You know he is actually one of the Co-Owners of SSA. ;)

I personally own ZCON's, but I've heard all the SSA woofers. They all sound great and all get very loud.

It all boils down to power and enclosure :

Have you got urs metered? wats size are they? Whats your enclosure & power like?

Seems like you should be in the late 140's. I looked up reviews and vids on the SSA forum on the Zcons (Earlier) and their told to be very LOUD & LOW (Nuttin but gud reviews!). People hit mid to late 140's with the Xcons. The Zcons should reach 150's easily (Depending on install,power etc.) Whats your enclosure like?

what do you consider loud? :ughdunno:

Anywhere from mid 40's is loud. I jus want to hit 150''s. I think the Zcons would have no problem with that.

Edited by Randy.D

Don't think you need much more for a daily driver. :eek5wavey:

Double **** pimpin. 6000wrms