Shogen

C&D batteries... worth the price?

Looking for experience with C&D brand batteries. Specs look better than kinetic and on par or better than XS for the price.

$350 for 135ah and advertised floating voltage of 13v plus. Or $245 for 100ah. Not sure what shipping costs are yet as I'm still mobile.

I will be having my Mechman alternator shipped back to them for some diode adjustments to bring turn on rpm down to about 550 engine rpms. I believe I'll be rock solid with one group 31 or larger battery plus the kinetic hc1800 under the hood.

I'm almost tempted to do 2 of the 100ah batteries and run some 2/0 wire straight from alternator to rear.

Thoughts???

55 more and you get a d3100...

I would find them used, you can get the 500mr's for about 130 or 150 shipped.

55 more and you get a d3100...

I did see some used which is what made me look into them.

Why pay more though? Is quality that different? I don't mind paying for it just need to know it will be a worthwhile investment.

I think "car audio" batteries are a waste of money.

You can go to Walmart and get 2X the Ah for about 1/2 the price... They will just weigh a little more. And if they don't recover from some hard abuse and get back to a float level you want, you just take them back. As many times as you want. Seriously. And they are about 30 min max from where you live...

We used to swap out 5 at time before a competition. No questions asked. 5 new batteries fully charged...

They sell one big fucker that is about $100 that is a monster, can't remember the part #...

Or just piss away extra money on a "car audio" battery.... Just my opinion, of course ;)

You can go to Walmart and get 2X the Ah for about 1/2 the price... They will just weigh a little more. And if they don't recover from some hard abuse and get back to a float level you want, you just take them back. As many times as you want. Seriously. And they are about 30 min max from where you live...

We used to swap out 5 at time before a competition. No questions asked. 5 new batteries fully charged...

They sell one big fucker that is about $100 that is a monster, can't remember the part #...

Or just piss away extra money on a "car audio" battery.... Just my opinion, of course ;)

Have to agree. I use the biggest one I can fit under my hood, and the biggest one they sell in the trunk. I've replaced both a couple times over the years without an issue. They cost me about 100 each when I first bought them. Every time I get a new one the warranty renews. The only real downside is that they need to be mounted upright.

They sell one big pucker that is about $100 that is a monster, can't remember the part #...

Have to agree. I use the biggest one I can fit under my hood, and the biggest one they sell in the trunk. I've replaced both a couple times over the years without an issue. They cost me about 100 each when I first bought them. Every time I get a new one the warranty renews. The only real downside is that they need to be mounted upright.

Iv'e always thought that would be a good idea, but what about the fact its not a sealed battery in the trunk? Do you smoke?

Shipping that battery costs $80 without including materials...I was selling used 300MR's for almost as much as you're saying.

Iv'e always thought that would be a good idea, but what about the fact its not a sealed battery in the trunk? Do you smoke?

I'd feel more comfortable with a sealed battery in case I have any oops along the way. Sears sells Odyssey rebadges for $200. I'll check if Walmart has some agm similar batteries.

I'd feel more comfortable with a sealed battery in case I have any oops along the way. Sears sells Odyssey rebadges for $200. I'll check if Walmart has some agm similar batteries.

These look nice

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Duralast-Platinum-Battery/1996-Infiniti-I30/_/N-j4xjlZacy27?counter=0&itemIdentifier=319464_351690_0_

Oddly there are no ah ratings. But the battery I posted about is 939cca. Which is nice to have.

You will never, ever have an issue with a non-sealed battery. It is almost an urban legend, right up there with the NOS bottle exploding, seriously...

The amount of Hydrogen they might produce pales in comparison to the amount of air volume in your car, even if it was perfectly sealed off from the outside world, wich is never the case, unless you drive an old bug or a $100K+ sedan.... Even then, seriously? And if you smoke, like you give a shit about your life anyway, lol....

Seriously, Hydrogen build up?

You will never, ever have an issue with a non-sealed battery. It is almost an urban legend, right up there with the NOS bottle exploding, seriously...

The amount of Hydrogen they might produce pales in comparison to the amount of air volume in your car, even if it was perfectly sealed off from the outside world, wich is never the case, unless you drive an old bug or a $100K+ sedan.... Even then, seriously? And if you smoke, like you give a shit about your life anyway, lol....

Seriously, Hydrogen build up?

lol... okay Honda... but what is the highest cranking you've found at Walmart?

Oddly there are no ah ratings. But the battery I posted about is 939cca. Which is nice to have.

AH=120 And it's sealed. I think I'm going to grab two and be the ginnypig.

CCA? I dunno, about 1000. Who cares anyway, buy 2. Or 4. lol... Still less than a single "car audio" battery most of the time. That is the point. It is like buying "car audio" power cable instead of welding cable.... Pay more for less, seriously...

CCA? I dunno, about 1000. Who cares anyway, buy 2. Or 4. lol... Still less than a single "car audio" battery most of the time. That is the point. It is like buying "car audio" power cable instead of welding cable.... Pay more for less, seriously...

What is YOUR opinion of the one that I posted?

Just go to the battery rack and look for the big yellow bastard that is about the size of small microwave... Pay your $100 and wang away... Keep the other $238 you have left for more important stuff, like gas...

What is YOUR opinion of the one that I posted?

Honsetly, I don't know, I have never used those.... When I have had to use a sealed battery that could be mounted however, I just bought the Orbital (I think I was getting them at NAPA). Otherwise, I watch for sales at Cosco and go for an Optima, I got the last yellow top for $125 with coupons... But these are far and few between sales. Bought some "demo model" (watever that meant) Red tops at Batteries Plus for about $100 a few years ago...

But seriously, just use common sense. Buy a big-ass battery at a place where you can return it if things don't work out...

Well, I guess we all just get stuck on certain specs and just want it without great reasons... But, I'll keep an eye out for regular big ass microwave sized batteries when I'm out and about... lol :morepower1:

there ya go, you found your monster

there ya go, you found your monster

I think you found you're microwave lol.

lets see what Honda has to say... lol... I don't know if this shit should be going in the trunk or the back seat :morepower1:

Says pick up only

Then why does it have a estimated delivery tab? Lol. An it says "Pick up only Frieght truck Delivery Van."

Says pick up only

Then why does it have a estimated delivery tab? Lol. An it says "Pick up only Frieght truck Delivery Van."

Meh was on my phone so didnt see the shipping tab. Still its not free shipping.