Sign in to follow this  
WeDgE

Why I hate audio threads on "performance" forums

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthrea...?t=13200&page=3

I present factual/true evidence yet the guy comes back at me with a plethora of audio "slang" which are not present in my post...essentially, putting words in my mouth, lol. Then he's all over the place with his analogy, if you can even call it that. I don't even think he understands what he's typed in his post. :lol2:

Goes to show you that audio in a performance related forum doesn't jive. :stupid:

Just a little humor for j00 guys. :bigok:

I gave up on car performance sites a long time ago ...

Me - 6x9s = most overrated speakers ever

Him - They were designed to have the clarity of a six inch speaker and the bass response of a nine inch speaker and as such have a compromise between the two, but only for the sake of fitting them into narrow parcel trays.

Me - You have no idea what you're talking about

Him - I'm only a musician with 15 years experience (Drums/Guitar and Keyboard), a partly qualified electronic engineer and have some of the most discerning ears of anyone I know. That's why people come to me to (correctly) set up their instruments/EQ settings/ and fix/install gear.

I think that's qualification enough.

Do you have a problem with 12" subs as well? How about 50W amplifiers?

I ask everyone the same thing:

An Audio Engineer busted his guts to get a music track sounding the best he could on expensive and "neutral" reference speakers, so why have you boosted the bass and treble to +10dB and cut the mids to -5dB THEN hit the "loud" button boosting it all by another 10dB? Of course it sounds rubbish because the speakers are reproducing DC signals (amplifier clipping) when music (as seen by a speaker) is an AC signal.

Maybe that's why your speakers seem overrated Jmac, because you're asking them to do something they aren't designed to do?

Other Guy - owned! *chuckles*

im sorry, but i love 6x9's. they offer great crisp responsive sound with a good amount of low end thumpage. hard to go wrong really.

ngsm strikes back! LOL

I was thinking of showing him that video w/those two Audiobahn 6.5s but I wasn't sure where to find the vid, nor what SPL level they reached.

For a guy (born2drv) who's "studied mechanical engineering for four years and taken numerous physics courses. I even took a specific course on accoustics and vibrations as well as fluid dynamics which is also relevent to this discussion" He sure doesn't have a good grasp on speaker theory...that's too bad. :D

Edited by WeDgE

ngsm strikes back! LOL

If he hadn't I would have. I am sure that guy is a duche in person as well.

Hmm... I've studied mechanical engineering for four years and taken numerous physics courses. I even took a specific course on accoustics and vibrations as well as fluid dynamics which is also relevent to this discussion.

I would say simple physics is lost on you dude. Show me any 6.5" speaker enclosure that hits 140+SPL @ 50hz with less than 4 speakers.... and I will give you $1000. You can run 5000 watts in each sub for all I care, it will never happen.

I'd be surprised if 4 x 6.5" speakers could even hit 120 SPL @ 50Hz.

anyone care to prove him wrong? ;)

edit: nvm that douch is gonna get NGIZMD all over

Bellanger.

Runnin like bishes now.  These ppl are no fun. :(

whose that?