Sign in to follow this  
Jsantoyo89

Newb From Chicago

Hey guys whats up, Names Jaime and i stranded myself over here from caraudio.com! Been into the whole car audio seen since i was a newb in high school about 8 years ago. I Recently placed an order for a Icon 10" D1 and can not wait for it to be delivered! This sub will be part of a new build i will be doing in my DD (audi A6)

so far i have all the wiring needed from knukonceptz and the order for this sub, still need a new HU, and amp to power this bad boy up, and some decent 6.5 comps with a matching amp as well. Build won't start till i get decent weather and my car back from the shop (side swiped in snowstorm) Any suggestion you guys may have i am all ears!Also might need designs for an enclosure!

Welcome to the forum. Nice choice on the sub, I think you'll be very pleased.

:WELCOME:

Also, you are going to love the ICON, it is what I currently have and its amazing. I just took a 8 hour round trip and never turned the volume down, very amazing equipment thats for sure.

What do you have powering the sub? I heard they can take more than what they are rated for is that true?

What do you have powering the sub? I heard they can take more than what they are rated for is that true?

Its in my sig

A AQ1200, Any sub can handle more than they are rated for sir. But I'm sure with your experience you already know this, but me only having 1200, I couldn't tell you from experience wether or not how it handles with more than rated. Maybe someone else could, I have the 2k12 model, so it was designed to handle more abuse sure, but how much I am unaware of.

Welcome

Its in my sig

A AQ1200, Any sub can handle more than they are rated for sir. But I'm sure with your experience you already know this, but me only having 1200, I couldn't tell you from experience wether or not how it handles with more than rated. Maybe someone else could, I have the 2k12 model, so it was designed to handle more abuse sure, but how much I am unaware of.

Nice i was thinking about a dc 1.2k amp that a buddy had for sale. I know i posted i have been into the scene for about 8 years but never really got into till these last 3 years so still have much to learn :) Yes i know subs can handle more than they are rated like the old funky pups! had to get rid of them since they destroyed my vehicle lol!

Welcome! I just joined a couple weeks ago an by far the best group of people to chat with.

:WELCOME:

thanks for the welcomes!

Welcome!!! :wavey5: Nice choice on sub!!

Hey there! Im from chicago too. I have 2 xcons 10" dual2 ohms in my 08 lexus is 250. Just got them installed today 5/3/12 . I love them! they sound awsome and surely take the abuse im hitting em with, A mmats 3000.5 . I cant wait till they break in , so they will be louder. But anyway welcome and enjoy the ssa. And if you are near 3725 west fullerton chicago il, then stop in my shop and ask for steve, maby we can check out each others setups! ive been installing since 1993 and have a passion for car audio and loud systems. And once again thanks ssa for my new xcons!