stevew007

disappointed......

well i seen those large wire terminals in the recone tips thread and thought the sundown subs came with them new.but i guess i was wrong :(

dont get me wrong that is the only thing im disappointed in.subs look great at a great price and cheap recones there is nothing more i can ask for.I have a sub sitting here from a well known company that wants $130+ shipping for a recone oh and its smaller then the SA

Edited by stevew007

Big subs come with them -- the ones we build in house like the Z v.3

SA series and smaller do not.

What, you wanted to put 8awg into a 600w sub?

wish i would of known that i would of ordered them.because there is no way im putting 8gauge in these terminals.guess i will have to mod them

What, you wanted to put 8awg into a 600w sub?

yup and im running 0gauge into a memphis belle with and extra batt in the back also. theres no harm in a little over kill. oh I'm also building a double layer box for my 2 sa 10's (out of birch)

Edited by stevew007

wish i would of known that i would of ordered them.because there is no way im putting 8gauge in these terminals.guess i will have to mod them

Why do you need to use 8 gauge?

because his sub is 500ft away from his amp...

Exactly what I was thinking. :peepwall:

Just shave off the 8 awg, no mods needed? Do make this too difficult.

Lol wow interesting thread I must say lol

like i said before there is nothing wrong with a little over kill.or maybe i should rip the power cord off the lamp and use it instead?

.or maybe i should rip the power cord off the lamp and use it instead?

what?

there is no need for that AWG of wire on a SA.. i understand that you want to move the power .. but slandered size works just fine. up to 1500 watts or more im sure of it.. cause i did it.

There's also no benefit in overkill.

How this is that birch?

I would use 12-14 gauge personally.. I run 8 gauge for my Zcon on 5k

:shrug: waste your time trying to get it to work. You could always make a y for each terminal depending on your final impedance and wiring

There's also no benefit in overkill.

How this is that birch?

Birch is amazing to work with! once you use it you never go back to mdf again!

LOL

Yes, I am aware. I apologize for my typo! :)

How thick is this birch.

Shizzon wasn't it you that had an awesome way to get larger wire than the speaker terminal would allow? I forgot the thread/pics or if it was even you...

I dont understand why I'm getting so much hate from this thread!!!

I will just pull the terminals off and do direct connect. I was just disappointed because i seen those monster terminals and thought they came with them.my bad for saying anything at all about it.

BUT im sure im not the only one that has this same issue.

oh and yes birch ply is the bomb to work with.it love's screws staples nails what ever you use and its so much lighter then mdf.i did a dbl layer 12cf box with ports and 45's and crap and i could pick it up by myself with no problems

Edited by stevew007

have yet to see any hate.

Sell your Sa-10s, buy Zv.3's then use the zv.3's so you are able to run your 8 gauge without any trouble =)

Shizzon wasn't it you that had an awesome way to get larger wire than the speaker terminal would allow? I forgot the thread/pics or if it was even you...

i found the best way is to separate the wire and cut it out of the center because it looks cleaner then hacking it from the outside layer

oh and yes birch ply is the bomb to work with.it love's screws staples nails what ever you use and its so much lighter then mdf.i did a dbl layer 12cf box with ports and 45's and crap and i could pick it up by myself with no problems

Just trying to save you money doing unnecessary things.

You can also get gauge reducers if you want, to solve your wire gauge issue.

do what you would like.. but when you took as "hate" was people simply trying to explain to you that the size wire you want to run is in no way NEEDED unless your amp is very far away,

the reason i made the statement about knowing for a fact how much power can be ran thru those terminals is because they are the same ones the nightshade V1 had if i recall correctly.

you will not be running more power to an SA 10's then to a nightshade 18

that's all .

Sell your Sa-10s, buy Zv.3's then use the zv.3's so you are able to run your 8 gauge without any trouble =)

well with the current project im trying to keep the build simple so funds can go on other things.I've already had 12 batts and a sundown 3500 ready for it but figured i didnt want to destroy my blazer with a wall of 4 15's like i planned

here is the ride and here is my plans

I have a 5/6 belltech drop,roll pan,new front bumper,do body wokr get it painted . remove all badges and crap.build a 350 for it buy new wheels and tires.

it took well over a year and 2 states to find this blazer

89 2wd,4.3,auto,charcoal interior and only has 83k on the od so i want to build it right and make it worth my time.problem is I want to go hangout at the autorama show next month and will not do that without some tunes to play with at dbdrag,iasca show.

blazerwith18s.jpg

it sucks because we just moved to cal dec 1st and our house has yet to close and the house we stay in now dont have a garage because they turned it into some half-aced room or i would be balls deep in this BIT@# already