djtomczak

Battery selection confusion

I'm seeing similar wattage recommendations for a few batteries, I wanted to know which one is the best for me as a second battery. Have a red top under the hood and plan to throw a relay between the two batteries. Right now I have 1500W, but plan to upgrade to ~2500 in the future.

Thanks!

Get a D3100. Call it done.

Look into the new XP series, either the XP- 2500 or XP-3000

Get a D3100. Call it done.

I would agree wth that. :drink40:

Get the biggest one that fits in your desired space and budget.

the xp3000 is essentlially the d3100. From what I've read the xp is better for daily groundpounder systems whereas the d3100 is better for comps.

Also audiosavings will be having a sale on the xp3000's this month or next. Can get the info on smd.

the xp3000 is essentlially the d3100. From what I've read the xp is better for daily groundpounder systems whereas the d3100 is better for comps.

Also audiosavings will be having a sale on the xp3000's this month or next. Can get the info on smd.

Right ... Nathan said for daily ground pounding the XP line will be a great choice.

This is because the XP line is more geared toward averaged consistent output vs the D line is more focused on preventing voltage from dropping as much as possible on large, quick current draw.

IE- this is not to scale nor tested but just for your reference of illustration-

Lets say we were burping a test tone for 2 second intervals.

XP3000 vs D3100..

The D3100 would hold a slightly higher voltage.. how high? I do not know.. maybe 0.2-0.3v.. maybe, just a guess.

However, if you were jamming all the time, the XP3000 would offer more consistent power output from the batt(s) because of it's higher aH value.

But both batteries can be used in both scenarios, burps and daily driving..

The point of the two lines is to get the customer the best battery for the purpose being used.

Yes. And if they had the xp's when I ordered batts I would have went with them. But alas I will just have to deal with these 3 d3100's.