shadowm891

looking for a new head unit.

Can any of you help me out. i'm looking at getting a new head unit for my 2001 kia sportage and im not sure what to get. my budget is $300 and i don't mind buying a used deck either as long as its in great shap some scratches are fine as long as there not deep. i'm leaning more to a sq deck with a built in sound processor. i wont be useing the built in amp on the deck since i have a 4 channel amp

Edited by john k

Can any of you help me out. i'm looking at getting a new head unit for my 2001 kia sportage and im not sure what to get. my budget is $300 and i don't mind buying a used deck either as long as its in great shap some scratches are fine as long as there not deep. i'm leaning more to a sq deck with a built in sound processor. i wont be useing the built in amp on the deck since i have a 4 channel amp

A list of features you want in the new unit would be helpful.

A list of features you want in the new unit would be helpful.

oo this a tough one i don't even know what they have in the newer decks. right now i own a eclipse cd5030 which i had ever since it first came out so what every new they came out since my deck came out with i am not even sure about. but here a list of stuff i like to have if there anything else better out there you guys might know let me know.

bluetooth

usb port

subcontrol

bass , treble

high and low pass filter's

front , rear and sub control rca jack's

built in eq with a built in sound processor

a dot matrix screen but i can pass on it if anything it's just something i like to have that is on my eclipse deck

other then that i am not even sure what else they have out there

Edited by john k

Would you like to be able to play cds, dvds or fm radio? Do you need/want a front or rear usb? Single, 1.5 or double din?

Would you like to be able to play cds, dvds or fm radio? Do you need/want a front or rear usb? Single, 1.5 or double din?

yeah i am looking for a double din dvd player that has built in nav and bluetooth. i want it to play mp3 cd's and even has a usb port for a usb flash drive as well. i like it to be a 5v deck with 3 rca output's for my front and rear speakers and even my sub. i like to be able to control all my bass and trebles from each of my door speakers. i even would like it to have sub control with a custom ssf and a db slope for all my door speakers and even my sub's like my eclipse has. and most of all i want it to have a built in sound processor and eq as well,

yeah i am looking for a double din dvd player that has built in nav and bluetooth. i want it to play mp3 cd's and even has a usb port for a usb flash drive as well. i like it to be a 5v deck with 3 rca output's for my front and rear speakers and even my sub. i like to be able to control all my bass and trebles from each of my door speakers. i even would like it to have sub control with a custom ssf and a db slope for all my door speakers and even my sub's like my eclipse has. and most of all i want it to have a built in sound processor and eq as well,

For $300 you might as well give up on the DD with built in Navi. At least a unit that's worth a fuck.

And then, finding a 5v DD with Navi, impossible.

And also, I don't know any radio with a built in SSF.

For everything you want, I'd be looking to spend $1,000 or more. EASY.

Yeah i was wondering about to. my eclipse has a built in crossover with a high and low pass filter it even has a db slope and ssf for my door speakers and subs

if you can deal without a double din and nav the pionner 800/880prs would be great choices but lack some of the features you want. If you can wait till april I believe it is the 80prs will be coming out with bt, 2usb ports, aux port, ta, dual 16band eq color display among other features and I believe it will be around 320ish

so what's the big thing about the pioneer dex-p99rs i see it's so high in price i might save up some for one of these if there really all that.

I really dont know much aout that unit I think cableguy had one before so maybe he can help. But if you are going to spend that much you could prolly find a dd with all you want.

so what's the big thing about the pioneer dex-p99rs i see it's so high in price i might save up some for one of these if there really all that.

its just a really high end deck. it would be over kill for your stated goals

i recommend this double din dvd for you,sale price $281.08

Full touch screen control with interactive GUI Interface ,6.2 inches high quality TFT LCD display ,USB 2.0 port & SD/MMC card slot ,ESP buffer & Mechanical anti-shock ,Mosfet : 50 watts x 4 max power output ,Built-in TV tuner with 100preset stations (PAL/NTSC /SECAM compatible) ,Built-in AM/FM/RDS tuner with 30 preset stations (18FM, 12AM) ,Built-in Microphone & Bluetooth (A2DP)