lamchop_8

PSi Audio?

Well, if your looking to spend that much per sub, then id go with what shizzzon said and either go with SP4's or Zcons.

Ive heard 2 Platform 3 18s, in a crappy box off of a AP 3000d with bad voltage. They got very loud, but the box was so shitty it was really holding them back. Ive had PSI rebuild my BTL 18 (there local), and its held up and performed great.

Thanks for info!! :fing34: I heard that if you send any sub to PSi it will come back better & louder than b4. Is that statement true in your case when you got your BTL rebuilt? What upgrades did you get from PSi?

I don't know if I would say that, but I know of quite a few people locally who use PSI and are very happy with there products. I can also say that when Ive dealt with them Dave has always given me great customer service.

But yes my BTL was louder to the ear after I got it rebuilt, but I got it rebuilt because I got it used, so that could be a factor.

Ok. after you received it did you have any problems with spiders, cone, or coil hoping out of place?

Another option to look into with that budget is the Sundown Zv.3 or the Incriminator Audio Death Penalty.

These last several statements are too speculatory.

If you want loud, durable, well built, etc...

You can jump directly into the SSA Xcon or Zcon.

They both are high quality, strong subs.

You can also get some Fi SP4s..

DC's m2 line is great as well..

I do not touch PSI regardless of what i would want or need done...

You have Fi and Mach5 that can do recones for many different brands and many internet brands offer their own recones as well..

So, you should be in good hands with all of the above choices I mentioned.

Yea I was lookin @ SP4's awhile ago. I heard they get Louder than N2's plus 4" coil and its a lil cheaper than both subs I listed. I don't know much about coils but are 4" coils better THE 3" coils?

Another option to look into with that budget is the Sundown Zv.3 or the Incriminator Audio Death Penalty.

I looked @ IA earlier and I only might b intersted into the Warden but their 2 much. I say that because I'm lookin for a sub that can take a lil over 3k all day (Like the 1's I listed) and the DP is only rated & 1500rms while others are 2500 & up. I heard the lvl 5 gets louder than dp on highs but DP hit lows better, (That was from a guy that had both then moved to Wardens) but the xl m2 is louder than 1st gen lvl 5! Idk Im stuck between these subs & I want to pick the best out the crowd! :ughdunno:

Better? eh..

I tell you what.. Stop putting the tech details up on a pedestal and just jump the gun and get somethin..

Theoretically, a 4" coil could handle more current than 3" coil which means more power, BUT.. the larger coil also requires more space in the motor.. and even better cooling based on potential current..

Look at how i'm stating this..

I make it sound like a 4" coiled sub has never been made.. but plenty have..

and it's capability is derived from it's tech specs...

So to answer your question.. look for yourself...

The N3 is a 3" coil and is rated for more than the SP4 !!!

Uh oh.. violation of physics!

Don't dig too deep into it..

I heard that if you send any sub to PSi it will come back better & louder than b4.

LOL....I love the internet. No, it's not true.

Better? eh..

I tell you what.. Stop putting the tech details up on a pedestal and just jump the gun and get somethin..

Theoretically, a 4" coil could handle more current than 3" coil which means more power, BUT.. the larger coil also requires more space in the motor.. and even better cooling based on potential current..

Look at how i'm stating this..

I make it sound like a 4" coiled sub has never been made.. but plenty have..

and it's capability is derived from it's tech specs...

So to answer your question.. look for yourself...

The N3 is a 3" coil and is rated for more than the SP4 !!!

Uh oh.. violation of physics!

Don't dig too deep into it..

Thanks for info :fing34:

I heard that if you send any sub to PSi it will come back better & louder than b4.

LOL....I love the internet. No, it's not true.

They put direct leads on my tweeters so they handle more power. ;)

DSC_0010.JPG

OP, that was a joke.

lmao stefan..

I should get direct lead horn tweeters and put them in a 4th order...

Does direct leads add more power to sub instead of terminals or no?

the less breaks in a connection, the less resistance.

the less resistance, the more potential power that can make it to the coil from the amp.

Impossible to hear and damn lucky if ever picked up on a meter.

It was a joke. I was joking. Don't fall for gimmicky shit.

You can send PSI an email saying you have xxx driver, and they always reply how they can turn it into a monster, double the rms, blah blah blah.

They rely on ignorant and misinformed people to stay in business.

the less breaks in a connection, the less resistance.

the less resistance, the more potential power that can make it to the coil from the amp.

Impossible to hear and damn lucky if ever picked up on a meter.

Ok so u would prefer direct leads?

You can send PSI an email saying you have xxx driver, and they always reply how they can turn it into a monster, double the rms, blah blah blah.

Ok thanks! are the platform 3 subs any good (Stock model)

http://psicaraudio.com/products-page/platform-3-subwoofers/18%E2%80%B3-platform-3-subwoofer-2/

me? i like terminals because it guarantees a solid connection for speaker wire.

me? i like terminals because it guarantees a solid connection for speaker wire.

That's what I was thinking

Ok thanks! are the platform 3 subs any good (Stock model)

http://psicaraudio.com/products-page/platform-3-subwoofers/18%E2%80%B3-platform-3-subwoofer-2/

Seriously, forget PSI. If you want a high end sub woofer, that can take serious power, that is built here, that can have a lot of customization, done for your needs....... There is one OBVIOUS choice, and that is Fi.

Makes no sense period for people to buy DC or PSI when there is Fi for that market segment.

What Denim said, Fi is a great company, with a lot of different options, along with SSA aswell. You cant really beat either of their build qualities.

a friend had a 21 inch incriminator DP reconed by psi, had coil rub in 2 weeks, didn't even have it full power because he was still trying to break it in.

Well then you didn't have your amp set right because no sub should do that. Always reset your amp even with the same subs.

Cool story bro, over 2 years late though

Well then you didn't have your amp set right because no sub should do that. Always reset your amp even with the same subs.

Can I ask how misalignment of the moving assembly has to do with setting the gains?

Can I ask how misalignment of the moving assembly has to do with setting the gains?
x2