ok so i have the audiobahn flame q 12's (yes i know not the greatest but thats what i have to work with till later) ok so i know these say 1100rms but im pretty sure thats over rated but anyways i have them in a ported box right now with about 400 rms i think going to each one but i know they can do more cause they are barely moving....so does anyone know how much they can really handle or whats a good mono block that will push them good just not to the limit????

When you say 400rms did you set the gains with a DMM or O'scope?

well the amp that i have on there now is a POS bazooka (rsa150.2hc)....here are they specs pretty much

www.lafayetteradio.com/amplifiers/RSA150.2HC.htm .....but i have the gains up and thats me thinking the amp is overrated by going on the specs with the gains up on the amp so thats what im guessin unless anyone else would think different i would just really like to know....

Orion 1200D's can be found for a good price, they put out more than ratted power, and have a great track record,

personally I love all of my new Orions, sexy + big power + crystal clear output + great price = happy ears

If that is rated appropriately or even close the difference between the 600w and getting a 1000w amp should only be a few dB. Sounds to me like either that amp is a complete POS or something isn't Kosher.

see i need to see what my subs are wired at.....and yes im pretty sure that the amp i have now is a POS for sure.....the orion 1200d is was i thinking about,do you think i would be able to notice a good difference if i went to the orion??? o yeah and the other day i tried to take the rca off that amp and it pulled the damn terminal out where the rca plugs into so thats never good i dont think.....

When wired correctly that Orion will seriously bump your subs or nearly any subs for that matter. Great piece to build a sub stage around especially if you are using multiple drivers.

well hopefully they will be able to tell me something tomm cause i know somethings wrong i just dont know what.....my big dilemma right now is either getting the sub amp,a bigger 4 channel for my cdt comps and 6x0 cause the alpine i have now is only pushing 40x4 and i need more power or a better HU like the pio 860mp or the eclipse 8445 so i dont know which im gonna do first.

In that price range it is going to be hard to beat out the Orion.

In that price range it is going to be hard to beat out the Orion.

true,

there might be a KX1200.1 floating around, but most likely used, I am not trying to push you into Orion, just hard to beat for power, quality and features for the price

give them 1600w total (about 800w each) and you will be alot happier. SPL wise anyway. seems the louder you get with audiobahns the worse they sound.

BX1605D would be a good choice.

does that bx1605 put out rms though? i was gonna get that amp for $220 but everyone was saying that its way overrated but i still dont know i still might get it.Would it still be putting out more then the orion amp??

at that point your really not going to hear a few watts difference

are the new 06 black hifonic amps like the 1606d suppose to be better then say the 1605d???

until their product shows uniform reliability across the board, I will pass on them regardless of price

well the only reason i was still leaning towards hifonics was the seem to be pretty good amps...i mean ive read good and bad about these but i mean every amp is gonna have pros and cons. i just need a good budget amp for under $300 thats gonna do over 1500.

ok so i was lloking some more on different brands today and i wanted to ask about them... ok so first i was looking at the lanzar opti200.... then the ma audio hk2000d...then the power acoustik a2400db.Im just looking for some other options in budget amps so do any of these sound worth looking into more???

I'd stick with the hifonics amps. I've installed a few, and most people have nothing but good things to say about the bx line.

shameless plug:

My friend is selling a Power Acoustik A3000DB which is also a nice amp. He's doing a 142 on the TL out of the trunk with one amp and 1 12"

I'd stick with the hifonics amps. I've installed a few, and most people have nothing but good things to say about the bx line.

shameless plug:

My friend is selling a Power Acoustik A3000DB which is also a nice amp. He's doing a 142 on the TL out of the trunk with one amp and 1 12"

thats cause you spend the money and are on the team, while running their monster competition amps :P

I am not on the team, and I don't own any maxxsonics product(s). So my opinion is from personal experiences and comments heard about them.

I would never recommend something I don't stand behind or have knowledge of.

Reminder of what I have:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d132/kic...io/6b0ef447.jpg

i own the ma audio hk4000d and will say this.....it's a brute powerhouse. it'll do it's rated power(3600wrms@2ohm@14.4volts) BUT it's a current hog doing it.

i also like my wife's hifonics amp, though it's the nx line. i know many a competitor who swear by their big hifonics..look up kevin koller over at dbdrag.

don't forget orion..and they can be had fairly cheap as well. i love mine! of course, it's my bro-in-laws as soon as he finishes paying for it..lol...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

well that MA audio amp sound pretty nice but i dont know i still might go with the hifonics if i cant find anything else.If i go from say a 450rms to a say 750rms amp will i be able to notice a good difference from my subs?