I've looked at the rubis ALOT and they have some outstanding reviews and some people saying they are junk. Don't know what to believe. But the worst I could do is try.

I've looked at the rubis ALOT and they have some outstanding reviews and some people saying they are junk. Don't know what to believe. But the worst I could do is try.

First one I ordered was Manufacture refurbished off of ebay- DOA. Sent it straight to Soundstream and they traded me amps no questions asked! They have some good weight to them and look very solid.

SMD had an AP1500 doing 1800 watts and change. I've installed two of them, they're pretty small for the power they put out and both put out good power. I own a BRZ1200, SMD in the same run down had this amp putting out 1400 watts. It feels higher quality than the AP all around but as far as budget amps go I would feel fine with either of them. Do you have the current? If so go AP, if you're still pretty basic buy the BRZ.

I'd question their testing methods.

It's looking like a toss up between the audiopipe and the rubicon. Rubi is a lil more money but does look solid and dosen't seem like such a power eater.

:o its lik at 85% ish but then again im getting the zcon15 nd saz 2500 :) both on their way.. Cant wait! Edited by Chickenwings

I would honestly going with that PP...I've had AP, didn't like it, reason being is I had it on my BTL at one point, so was wanting more power, and asking more power out of a AP1500 isn't the smartest idea. On the other hand, I recomemded it to my local, reason being is he had two lower rated subs, so he wasn't needing any more power than oh 800 watts, so that amp suited him well at that time. I now have AQ, and well, its eh. I like it, and it pleases my Icon very well. But I have this strange feeling that I'm not geting 1200watts without sending too much clipping. just my .02

Ive used the ONX 1500 and 4.80 for almost a year. Both have been great, and issue free. Even during summer after a two hour trip ever other weekend, they didnt get much warmer then ambient temps.

Someone on SMD had an AP1500 doing 1800 watts and change. I've installed two of them, they're pretty small for the power they put out and both put out good power. I own a BRZ1200, SMD in the same run down had this amp putting out 1400 watts. It feels higher quality than the AP all around but as far as budget amps go I would feel fine with either of them. Do you have the current? If so go AP, if you're still pretty basic buy the BRZ.

Yes, they did that, but that's with the gain at max, so a lot of distortion, not what you want.

After someone tuned the AP amp to only 1% distortion it put out less then 1000W, i can't remember well enough, but i'm even sure that it was below 800W too.

Someone on SMD had an AP1500 doing 1800 watts and change. I've installed two of them, they're pretty small for the power they put out and both put out good power. I own a BRZ1200, SMD in the same run down had this amp putting out 1400 watts. It feels higher quality than the AP all around but as far as budget amps go I would feel fine with either of them. Do you have the current? If so go AP, if you're still pretty basic buy the BRZ.

Yes, they did that, but that's with the gain at max, so a lot of distortion, not what you want.

After someone tuned the AP amp to only 1% distortion it put out less then 1000W, i can't remember well enough, but i'm even sure that it was below 800W too.

Distortion on what order and how was it measured? With the smd "distortion detector?" Tube amps are said to sound "warm" and inviting. That is because they produce an order of distortion that many find pleasing. Not all orders of distortion are harsh, and some are preferred. Without know what and how the detector is detecting, it's useless. Then again it's useless anyways since if you can hear the distortion, you know you've gone too far.

Distortion on what order and how was it measured? With the smd "distortion detector?" Tube amps are said to sound "warm" and inviting. That is because they produce an order of distortion that many find pleasing. Not all orders of distortion are harsh, and some are preferred. Without know what and how the detector is detecting, it's useless. Then again it's useless anyways since if you can hear the distortion, you know you've gone too far.

and not to mention most of that "distortion" at sub bass frequencies are inaudible..

I would honestly going with that PP...I've had AP, didn't like it, reason being is I had it on my BTL at one point, so was wanting more power, and asking more power out of a AP1500 isn't the smartest idea. On the other hand, I recomemded it to my local, reason being is he had two lower rated subs, so he wasn't needing any more power than oh 800 watts, so that amp suited him well at that time. I now have AQ, and well, its eh. I like it, and it pleases my Icon very well. But I have this strange feeling that I'm not geting 1200watts without sending too much clipping. just my .02

I played 30 min of constant full volume music to a 15 Icon from a aq1200. I never heard any distortion, so I asumed it wasnt clipping. Gain was set using dmm method. :eek5wavey:

You won't necessarily hear clipping, nor distortion for that matter. The two don't go hand in hand either. You will always have some order(s) of distortion, but not always clipping. You can have both or neither as well (audibly).

You won't necessarily hear clipping, nor distortion for that matter. The two don't go hand in hand either. You will always have some order(s) of distortion, but not always clipping. You can have both or neither as well (audibly).

Well the sub and the amp never got hot. The voltage stayed above 14 volts. :ughdunno:

Well the sub and the amp never got hot. The voltage stayed above 14 volts. :ughdunno:

What is the price of eggs in China?

Chicken eggs, duck eggs, or spider eggs?

Yes with the distortion detector.

The detector detects harmonics that aren't supposed to be there, when playing the 50hz tone. I can't explain as well as Tony the designer/inventor of the Distortion Detector.

So you believe a 150 dollar amp puts out 1500w without audible distortion?

(we're getting a bit offtopic here.)

Yes with the distortion detector.

The detector detects harmonics that aren't supposed to be there, when playing the 50hz tone. I can't explain as well as Tony the designer/inventor of the Distortion Detector.

So you believe a 150 dollar amp puts out 1500w without audible distortion?

(we're getting a bit offtopic here.)

I believe any amplifier can be distortion free (audibly) no matter the price. We all know very well that price is no indicator of performance. I can debate the worthlessness (in my opinion) of the distortion detector all day, but I won't because people will buy it whether it works or not, or whether it's a necessary tool or not.

hey guys, git a guy on craigslist offering to teade me a Soundstrem lil wonder 1100d for my old focus wheels, anybody used these. its the new series. black and silver

See if you can sell your wheels for a higher price first.

Are the New Lil wonders that Bad? My rims aren't in the best shape so it didn't seem like a bad deal. are the LW's overrated? the specs look pretty good. And it would be the right amount of power for My 15"s

The older ones were great, have not had a chance to check out the new SoundStream. I think Serfugi is a good person to talk to on the new amps.

Thanks denim. I found great reveiws on the new rubi's but nothing on he lil wonders. Even if it does 800 rms @ 1 ohm it'll be a good beater amp. I really want to put my nine.2 back onmy components, I have it on my subs right now and it's not doing them any justice with 400 watts. plus my back up high amp in a lighting audio with alt noise and it's embarassing.

The quart will be another that I will try. I might get the lil wonder anyway and put it on my PB XL15"s just to sell em then get Some better gear.

Well I ended up takeing the deal for the SS lil Wonder amp. Must say It's actually kinda impressive. Sounds fairly clean Has good control over the xl 15"s and they get loud. Not a bad lil amp.