Sign in to follow this  
Chickenwings

Quick Question SSA Zcon!!

hey there guys, so finally i decided going with my sub, ssa zcon 15'.. i just had question.. which one shuld i go with ?? the D1 or D2??? i will be running the sub with a sundown SAZ-2500d and i want the sub to powered what it requires?? so before i go ahead and order the Zcon, i just wanted to make sure which one. thanks!!

You would want to order the dual 2 so that you can achieve a.1 ohm load. But if you decide later to go with multiple subs its a pain because your left with a 2ohm or .5ohm. Either way zcon ftw

w00t w00t thanks alot :) gona go ahead and purchase it! cant wait.. it says 7-14 build then ship!! hopefully doesnt take that long.. :(

It's well worth the wait. I have two 18 zcons and love every bump of every day

damn which amps r u running on those beasts??? and how long did it take for ur shipping? and plus i live in canada so mite take a bit longer !

im actually going to an audio shop to get it made.. hopefully they dont screw me over! if u guys know any good dimensions or w.e i could tell them to put it in.. that would b great

I had the stetsom 5k running one at 4 ohms and then purchased the second one and wired in at two.ohm. now I am running a soundigital 8k at .5 ohm and love it. The stetsom is for sale and I can ship to.Canada ;)

w00t w00t thanks alot :) gona go ahead and purchase it! cant wait.. it says 7-14 build then ship!! hopefully doesnt take that long.. :(

Go ahead and block out a month so you won't stress yourself over it.

Good things come to those who wait.

Great choice BTW.

:drink40:

:( i already found somone selling me an saz2500d for 550$ although if i need to purchase another amp i'll keep it in mind!

The SAZ-2500D is stable at 1 Ohm. I am sure there are those that run them at 1/2 ohm with no problems, but Jacob probably isn't going to honor a warranty in that situation. Besides the ZCON is rated at 2250 RMS watts and the SAZ 2500D at 1 ohm is rated at 2500 RMS, so it should be plenty.

If it were me, I would order the Dual 2 ohm coil, and wire it in parallel to 1 Ohm.

I had the stetsom 5k running one at 4 ohms and then purchased the second one and wired in at two.ohm. now I am running a soundigital 8k at .5 ohm and love it. The stetsom is for sale and I can ship to.Canada ;)

thanks ^.^ and yea.. i was struggling between a nightshade v.2 vs aa mayhem vs re xxx vs zcon and after help from u guys.. i decided going with the zcon :)

The SAZ-2500D is stable at 1 Ohm. I am sure there are those that run them at 1/2 ohm with no problems, but Jacob probably isn't going to honor a warranty in that situation. Besides the ZCON is rated at 2250 RMS watts and the SAZ 2500D at 1 ohm is rated at 2500 RMS, so it should be plenty.

If it were me, I would order the Dual 2 ohm coil, and wire it in parallel to 1 Ohm.

yeah, thats wut i was thinking too!! i just hope my electrical doesnt give me any problems... i have a 200 amp/stock bat underhood and a batcap 2000 in the trunk with 0 gauage running all over.. :o

Just please set the gain correctly. :)

so guys.. i just placed an order for my enclosure for the Zcon... it cost me 250$ :( i know its alot for an enclosure... but i asked around and other stores were giving me a quote of 300-400... i tried finding private ppl who build em.. but it seems like theres no one.. although there was one but he was too '' busy/lazy(sounded like he was) '' to build it :( sucks!!

anyways.. it seems like the enclosure will be around 4.0ft^3 or so..and tuned to 32hz. what yall think about that?? its the 15' :)

Perfect zcons perform great in an enclosure of such nature

I LOVE my 2 ZCON 18"s. :-)

:)