P1000793.jpg

P1000794.jpg

P1000795.jpg

P1000796.jpg

P1000796.jpg

You still got room for a 12 pack!

If I could move some things areound under the hood for the extra battery that would be great. I guess I can look into that Friday.

If I could move some things areound under the hood for the extra battery that would be great. I guess I can look into that Friday.

Keep up the great work!

Keep up the great work!

Thank you, it is a work in progress. I seem to change my mind from time to time and never know what I am doing next.

Ok guys I had a moment of weakness and thought about down sizing my subs to 12's. On my ride to work tonight (yes I do have a real job) reminded me of how much I enjoy the sound of 18's. So I am going to continue making my install look better which is the only part I don't care for. I am going to relocate my second battery to a better location and make a new amp rack to hide all the wires. Stay tuned there is more to come.

When I rip the rear quarters apart to finish deading, I might have enough room to hide the battery in the pass side where there is a hidden storage area. Might dig into this tomorrow after a short nap.

When I rip the rear quarters apart to finish deading, I might have enough room to hide the battery in the pass side where there is a hidden storage area. Might dig into this tomorrow after a short nap.

Wheres this progress? Would have helped if u would have been up Saturday morning.

Well I have a lot going on right now, graduation, party, and getting college paid for. Just no real time yet.

So I have had to take a little break.

I didn't know demons need sleep.

I didn't know demons need sleep.

Yes there time when the body requires it. 3-4 hrs a day and I am good.

i am really starting to lean into the sealed enclosure area. i love ported, but i think i would be much happier with sealed. i've too been diggin the x-cons or possibly the SP4's. i like what your doing, leaning away from the crowd. do your thing man

Looks good NEM!!

i am really starting to lean into the sealed enclosure area. i love ported, but i think i would be much happier with sealed. i've too been diggin the x-cons or possibly the SP4's. i like what your doing, leaning away from the crowd. do your thing man

There are more people than you might realize that run sealed Xcon's. Not sure why, but on average, the higher output people post more. We have plenty of people via email and the occasional PM that are running Icon's/Xcon's sealed and are super happy that are not as much a forum go'er's. In a generalization, many single sealed installs are people that want to do it once, get it right the first time, and not worry about it again until they replace their car.

Thank you, I love the loudness (if you will) of ported, but I am not building this for SPL. I love listening to music and at higher volumes than most. Music tastes change daily too, Joe stopped by and was suprised how sealed 18's sounded playing music and then he plugged in his music and holy shit it started tearing my 4runner apart, I almost wanted to cry after seeing the damage, but was very impressed at the same time. Also I have a friend who was a very respected SQ competitor in the early 90's on a pro level and he loves how they sound, so that tells me something as I highly respect his opinion.

I am a little different, just look at my pictures. :)

Looks good NEM!!

Thank you.

There are more people that you might realize that run sealed Xcon's. Not sure why, but on average, the higher output people post more. We have plenty of people via email and the occasional PM that are running Icon's/Xcon's sealed and are super happy that are not as much a forum go'er's. In a generalization, many single sealed installs are people that want to do it once, get it right the first time, and not worry about it again until they replace their car.

Puts a smile on my face eveyday!

yeah, i've always built ported enclosures and have always been left somewhat satisfied. they get low as hell and loud, but they lack when it comes to playing a wider fq range. like you said, high excursion 18's sealed up, yum! i bet they get pretty low and sound good with almost anything played. my next project for sure, great job man

yeah, i've always built ported enclosures and have always been left somewhat satisfied. they get low as hell and loud, but they lack when it comes to playing a wider fq range. like you said, high excursion 18's sealed up, yum! i bet they get pretty low and sound good with almost anything played. my next project for sure, great job man

Low this thing get nutty, front doors open and it still pushes the rear doors open to where you can see outside! I do not like to do that though because I like my 4runner just as much as I like my system.

Thanks again.

....Also I have a friend who was a very respected SQ competitor in the early 90's on a pro level and he loves how they sound, so that tells me something as I highly respect his opinion.....

:)

....Also I have a friend who was a very respected SQ competitor in the early 90's on a pro level and he loves how they sound, so that tells me something as I highly respect his opinion.....

smile.png

Do you know anybody from those days Aaron?

I figured I would get the rest of the Second Skin put in and I found out that the battery is to wide to fit in the side panel without making modifications to the panels. That was not an option, so I made a box and mounted it on top of the wheel well and fastened to the box.

P1000843.jpg

P1000844.jpg

P1000845.jpg

P1000846.jpg

P1000847.jpg

P1000848.jpg