Frostedflakejake

BL RMS changed when coil configuration changes?

Just cruisin' through the Fi website whilst helping another forum member with a topic when I realized that the RMS rating on some of the BL's change as the coils change from D1's to D2's.

The 10" shows 1500 RMS for both coils.

The 12" shows 1000 RMS for D1 and 1500 RMS for D2

The 15" shows 1000 RMS for D1 and 1500 RMS for D2

The 18" shows 1500 RMS for D1 and 1000 RMS for D1

I am slightly confused by this as I didn't think coil configuration had any impact on thermal or mechanical limits OR how they are reached. And I definitely didn't think that would change as woofer size changes either.

Essentially, I would like to know if this is a typo and if it is not, I was hoping someone could provide an explanation as to why this ratings are different!

Thank-You for your time! :)

Oh wow, good question. I also wondered the same thing with another woofer. If you go to sundown's site, and look at the neo pro series. the 10" has a higher power handling vs the lower sized models. It would be great if someone could shed some light on the matter.

It is a typo. They are all 1500.

Oh wow, good question. I also wondered the same thing with another woofer. If you go to sundown's site, and look at the neo pro series. the 10" has a higher power handling vs the lower sized models. It would be great if someone could shed some light on the matter.

I didn't even notice that until you said something. I tabed over and saw it.

Double

Edited by Fearz

That is what I assumed! What I really needed to know was whether it was 1000 or 1500, but I figured pointing out the difference would also help with putting up the correct information :)

That is what I assumed! What I really needed to know was whether it was 1000 or 1500, but I figured pointing out the difference would also help with putting up the correct information smile.png

Yeah the Q's specs are like that too I believe. I knew that one of the lines was like that but the Q's and the Bl's are both 1500.

It's 1500.

That is what I assumed! What I really needed to know was whether it was 1000 or 1500, but I figured pointing out the difference would also help with putting up the correct information smile.png

Fi is aware of the typo's. A whole new website is being built so they didn't bother fixing them. But like everyone else said 1500

Mark is working on it.

In the case of the Neo8 & Neo10 the difference is because they use different coils, the Neo8's coil is smaller hence the lower power handling.

Mark is working on it.

I'm sure it will be fantastic then. fing34.gif