Got my Zcon 15' D2 today nd my god... WTF is this BEAST!?!?! This monster is SO huge i have never seen anything like this!! My old sub wasnt even half the size... When i took off the plastic nd placed it on the ground i just got stuck looking at it for a good 10 mins. Im really scared now... For my car that is! This beast will tear it apart in no time!! Cant wait to get this in and running!! Thanks alot SSA!!

Got my Zcon 15' D2 today nd my god... WTF is this BEAST!?!?! This monster is SO huge i have never seen anything like this!! My old sub wasnt even half the size... When i took off the plastic nd placed it on the ground i just got stuck looking at it for a good 10 mins. Im really scared now... For my car that is! This beast will tear it apart in no time!! Cant wait to get this in and running!! Thanks alot SSA!!

Awesome man you are going to love it! What is it replacing?

Its replacing a RE sXX 12' powered by a hifonics 1200.1 brutus! Thanks man :) i cant wait to get this installed!!

Are you going to use the same amp? Either way major upgrade! What are you going to do as far as an enclosure?

I'll be pwering it with my sundown saz 2500d which i got in last week!! But as you can see my enclosure problem in my other thread ' enclosure fail' u can see the guy totally messed up on my box for this baby... He only gave it 30 square inches of port.. Duno how its gona work out :( i paid 260$ for the box nd look wut he made.. There r pics on that thread of the box if u wanna c

Edited by Chickenwings

With that much power it is going to be LOUD! What happened with the enclosure can you get them to take it back and do it right? That is not even half of the port area that I would use for a ZCON. If they can't fix it there are plenty of people here willing to help you make one yourself.

I actually have my old zcon box. Since you kind of got screwed over I am willing to send it to you for the cost of shipping if it will fit.

That is awesome Rick.

There are good people on SSA. I love that !

:-)

I actually have my old zcon box. Since you kind of got screwed over I am willing to send it to you for the cost of shipping if it will fit.

That is awesome Rick.

There are good people on SSA. I love that !

:-)

I could not agree more with you guys!

Go to hear chicken, got any pictures or vids to share?

hey guys.. sorry for the late update.. was really busy! but now i finally have time and just wanted to post some pics of it smile.png

2hxvpev.jpg

23kde38.jpg

bea1hf.jpg

23k7qtz.jpg

and Rick thanks for the help! that actually would be reallly awesome if you could do that! but the only problem is i dont think its going to fit.. i have very limited space :( i mean i only have like 4.0 cu ft to work with :o what are the specs on ur box?

and yea videos will come as soon as i get this installed in the crappy box that i have rite now!!

lol.gifmorepower1.gif

I'm tuned in. That sub and that power should be very nice.

Tuned in too. :)

dancingsmilie.gifdancingsmilie.gifmusik05.gifslayer.gif

hey guys.. sorry for the late update.. was really busy! but now i finally have time and just wanted to post some pics of it smile.png

and Rick thanks for the help! that actually would be reallly awesome if you could do that! but the only problem is i dont think its going to fit.. i have very limited space sad.png i mean i only have like 4.0 cu ft to work with ohmy.png what are the specs on ur box?

and yea videos will come as soon as i get this installed in the crappy box that i have rite now!!

You have only 4 cubic feet gross to work with?

a little bit more then 4.0 :( trunk is very small lol plus its a hatch !_!

Yeah it isn't going to fit. It is 5 cubes net. Sorry man, I hope you get it figured out.

hey guys! i finally got my zcon in and running with the saz2500 but i just had a couple questions.i connected the bass boost and put it to about 40%. i didnt really change any tuning from the amp, but for some reason it seems like its not loud enough? or like it doesnt catch the lows that good? my old subwoofer/box was tuned at 34hz and was catching lows better ? maybe its damn shitty box that i have.. i noticed its only half inch MDF and wen the bass pounds, it feels like the box is gona break.. u can hear this weird thumping noise wenever theres small hard notes like the box is jus gona blast open..

1/2" MDF? For a Zcon? Throw that box away before you do break it while playing and destroy that beautiful sub. A good enclosure will do wonders. You should not be questioning that Zcon at all..

that box could potentially damage the sub? or the sub damage the box :S

Well one way to look at it is the sheer weight and pressure the Zcon can build, you are going to want a very stout and reinforced enclosure for the Zcon.

"connected the bass boost", on a saz 2500 ? The remote ? It's a gain knoob, not a bass boost. Turn your real bass boost at 0 ON the amplifier please.

You can have a good enough box if you use aeroports. You won't have room for a slot ported box at all.

sorry for the bass boost , i mean gain knob. and yea.. i guess i really need a REAL box not this piece of crap this guy made me and charged me a fortune for it..