helotr3vor

Poll for New Sub/s for SAX-1200D

New Sub/s for SAX-1200D  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Whitch sub/s for ideal ported enclosure?

• SSA Icon 12
    • Fi Q 12
    • DD 2512
    • Sundown SA-10 x2
    • Incriminator Lethal 10 x2
    • Fi SSD 10 x2

As simple as the title and poll makes it. They are going in a ported box in the trunk of a B8 A4. Imagine that the box is ideal size and tuned to about 33 for all options. They are being powered by a Sundown SAX-1200D. I know all of these will have the output im looking for so which would have the most SQ?

Thanks for the help.

Edited by helotr3vor

if you have the money for SSD's then you should add the Xcon to your list.

you should add the Xcon to your list.

I was also going to suggest the XCON.

how does the xcon compair to the Q? Ive had the BL so I have some idea of what the Q will bring.

how does the xcon compair to the Q? Ive had the BL so I have some idea of what the Q will bring.

From the specs the Xcon and the Q seem to be on the same level. Xcon has a little more xmax for what it's worth.

Personally I would take a loaded Q over a Xcon.

Edited by brad02420

From the specs the Xcon and the Q seem to be on the same level. Xcon has a little more xmax for what it's worth.

Loaded as in with cooling/spider/internal lead right?

Loaded as in with cooling/spider/internal lead right?

Yep

I know I cant go wrong with the Q. Its definitely in my personal top 2 choices. Thanks for your thoughts brad.

Edited by helotr3vor

I'm a noob so don't go off just my opinions. But I personally went with the Q. wink.png

I'm a noob so don't go off just my opinions. But I personally went with the Q. wink.png

Im not settling yet :P got a month or so to sit on it. Just looking for as much input as possible.

Of the listed drivers, the Q and the Icon are excellent single driver options. The pair of SSD's have the cone surface advantage, that option would probably have the greatest output on that power with very good sound.

As for the bandwagon comment, it is pretty far off. The number of SSD's sold absolutely dwarfs the number of Xcon's, not even remotely close.

eek5wavey.gif I like the Icon because I had one and upgraded to a xcon. Save the money the Icon sounds great on 1200wrms.eek5wavey.gif

Funny stuff. I guarantee that given the parameters here, I could throw 1 of each of the woofers in the given alignment and only two or three people in this thread could pick them out.

You have a couple good drivers mixed in with great drivers. Seriously, the only difference YOU will notice will be the looks and price.

eek5wavey.gif I like the Icon because I had one and upgraded to a xcon. Save the money the Icon sounds great on 1200wrms.eek5wavey.gif

This helps me rule out the xcon and go with icon if i go for ssa. Thanks for the advice. Its going to be tough to decide between the Q and the Icon 12. The only thing I got going for me is the want to try out ssa subs since ive already ventured into Fi subs... but then at the same time Fi did not dissapoint me whatsoever. Whats the difference in perfect box size with no port noise tuned to 32hz between the two?

Just noticed the votes doubled since last night good job guys keep it up :).

Edited by helotr3vor

This helps me rule out the xcon and go with icon if i go for ssa. Thanks for the advice. Its going to be tough to decide between the Q and the Icon 12. The only thing I got going for me is the want to try out ssa subs since ive already ventured into Fi subs... but then at the same time Fi did not dissapoint me whatsoever. Whats the difference in perfect box size with no port noise tuned to 32hz between the two?

Just noticed the votes doubled since last night good job guys keep it up smile.png.

You wont be sorry.SSA is everthing plus some! eek5wavey.gif

Found out the answer to my question. Icons average is like .2 below the Q. For those of you with the icon, is it better to go more towards the ported or ported optimal size?

Found out the answer to my question. Icons average is like .2 below the Q. For those of you with the icon, is it better to go more towards the ported or ported optimal size?

thats what I did optimal.

I'd say XCON !

Good luck

Xcon would make me want to feed it the SAZ 1500 and I dont think im ready to throw and extra 3-400 on it :/. I could buy from db-r but kinda wanted everything new cause im picky like that.

2 10's over one 12 all day if it were me

The dual 10" you have listed are all great drivers. Toss a coin as you won't be dissapointed.

If you are leaning to more of an SPL output, on the 12" drivers I would go with the XCON even though not listed.

Just my .02

I'd say XCON !

Good luck

Xcon would make me want to feed it the SAZ 1500 and I dont think im ready to throw and extra 3-400 on it :/. I could buy from db-r but kinda wanted everything new cause im picky like that.

The xcon would perform great on the 1200, no point in getting the 1500 because you wouldnt even hear a difference between two

I'd say XCON !

Good luck

The xcon would perform great on the 1200, no point in getting the 1500 because you wouldnt even hear a difference between two

Good to know ill keep in mind.

Xcon is more money than Icon. You are going for sq right.