Sencheezy

SSA Sub(s) having issue on lower notes, poor kay?

I do not believe that SSA test all drivers before they are shipped. SSA drivers are shipped form the build house. Mark, Aron or any other SSA rep never sees the product they sell. Yep it's f'd up.

Therefore I find it impossible to believe that an SSA rep can assure you that their product works 100% when shipped.

The ZCON I sold you showed no signs of mechanical damage when I shipped it to you.

In all seriousness, can I ask what your constant issue is with our drivers? Did they do something to you? You are constantly looking to find something to can attack the product on, or find some fault that is not there. We are open about everything, answer as many questions as we possibly can, and I am not sure where your approach comes from. We appreciate your thoughts and opinions (from all perspectives), but you are always looking to find something to attack the SSA drivers on.

Now, we don't have any rep's (only a few dealers), so let's get that out of the way. The build house tests EVERY SINGLE SSA sub woofer before it is shipped out. It is part of agreement, it is what we pay for, it is one of the many reasons we have our drivers built at the best build house in North America. So we can assure it is done, we have seen in plenty in person, and we have a number of our drivers in our possession at all times. There is nothing f'ed up about it.

The issue is that SSA does not design or build their product. Fi does. Can you argue that?

If I wanted too, or anybody else for that mater, could do the same thing.

How did you come up with the claim that SSA are sq drivers?

Are you asking this because of your impression of the ZCON? Nobody has ever tried to push the ZCON as a SQ sub.

here we go.

the instructions were to use a 30hz test tone so if the bottom end is lost on a 30hz tone... then the enclosure is FAR too large.

The SSF setting on the AQ is not JUST shy of 50hz. So I am assuming in the neighborhood of ~46hz.

Then simply put, if it has to be THAT high... the box is WAY too large for music.

This makes me sad.png

I was under the impression that a larger enclosure would result in a more sufficent manner when utilizing less power for a larger subwoofer that has a greater RMS rating.

Edited by Sencheezy

the instructions were to use a 30hz test tone so if the bottom end is lost on a 30hz tone... then the enclosure is FAR too large.

The SSF setting on the AQ is not JUST shy of 50hz. So I am assuming in the neighborhood of ~46hz.

Then simply put, if it has to be THAT high... the box is WAY too large for music.

This makes me sad.png

I was under the impression that a larger enclosure would result in a more sufficent manner when utilizing less power for a larger subwoofer that has a greater RMS rating.

That is correct to an extent, but you can't just go as big as you want.

"SSA is a no name SQ company" who said that?

We will find out tomorrow, my guess is that is is gonna slap hard and dig deep in a different enclosure. It will also be seeing a tad more wattage but not much. SA-1500.

I think the issue here, is someone can't design or build a proper enclosure.

Ask ANYONE who heard my ZCON's, got silly low and had 2x rated power on each. Never sounded like they were "stressing"

"SSA is a no name SQ company" who said that?

Pretty sure I said that, or something similar. Not sure what you are reaching for, but that statement is just that. Yes, we have the Zcon that is capable of what is now bass boxing world record holding levels, but that has nothing to do with the primary focus of our brand which has always been great sounding sub woofers.

Haha what a joke this kid is, went from a bad enclosure to this guy making personal attacks against SSA. whoa wtf.gif

too much power too big of box = bottomed out coil = damage to bottom of coil = rub on poll or motor.....................

Im putting 4300 clamped power on the zcons in a box peaking at 37 and play 24 hrts wide open with no rubbing of coarse after about a few min the coils heat up and and burn glue . thats when it gets turned down, not off to cure. amazing power handling and quality .

I dont recomend just anyone trying this . unless you have YEARS of experiance. go by specs and remember there speced for internal airspace not external.

Edited by nicwatts

I have nothing against edouble or anyone who has a critique on our sub woofers, just want to make sure correct information is posted.

i am most impressed with the low end these subs produce .

I have nothing against edouble or anyone who has a critique on our sub woofers, just want to make sure correct information is posted. I wish more people could demo Justin's blazer, or even Nic's S-10, both have unreal output on huge power, with an insane amount of low end and they are two total different installs. One being for competition, the other being for demo's, only real constant is Zcon 15" subs in Chevy trucks on big power. In no way do Mark and I say the Zcon is the best high output driver out there (as there is no best, and we don't say the Zcon is an SQ aimed sub woofer either), but it is a now very proven sub woofer with quite high power handling while still having great daily drive listening characteristics.

i recomend reconing sub and getting the box designed and built by a pro or competitor . also look at the power supplied is it clean and working correctly .

The issue is that SSA does not design or build their product. Fi does. Can you argue that?

If I wanted too, or anybody else for that mater, could do the same thing.

How did you come up with the claim that SSA are sq drivers?

I'm sorry, but this is not Skar. Unlike Kevin, Aaron and Mark know how their equipment works and how to design it. They didn't just call Scott and say, "hey, I want a line of subwoofers that does this and looks this way.

Let's get into the big boys. JL Audio and Kicker do not produce their own products either. They have outsourced to buildhouses for many years. So, in effect, they are just the same as SSA, so using your mindset, I could assume that their products are on the same level as those from JL and Kicker since they use the same business model.

Let's get even more involved. EVERY auto manufacturer in the world uses other manufacturers for different parts of their cars. Hell many companies make the same products for several different manufacturers. This is how the world works.

Yep, and read this for an interesting paradox-

Sony, being one of 10 companies, owns the rights to the DVD licensing, etc..

So, if you want to build a device which incorporates DVD playback features, Sony will get a part of that profit...

Microsoft is not one of these companies but they must pay Sony for this license so their Xbox360 can play DVDs.

So, let's get this straight...

Microsoft, in competition with Sony, PAYS Sony to have a feature put on their product that is in direct competition with Sony (PS3)...

We could do this all day with different genres of products around the world.

Point being- stop digging deep into how a particular company runs their business and then expose them for doing what they are suppose to be doing.

At least they know how to maintain a website without losing it, or creating their own line of product that isn't 99.99999% direct comparison with certain competition in each and every single product created so far, or knowing that once you make a name for yourself, you don't change it whenever you need to to start fresh again, or just randomly purchase a bunch of product and never test it and sell it to the masses and go.. hope for the best(DT).. etc..

The only negative thing I can say about SSA is they have still left this thread open for information when other forums would have closed it.. temp banned the person stirring up a convo.. then allow others to start a new thread and just blast the banned person without moderation.

Why is it a bad thing that SSA leaves threads like this open? I see it as a good thing, they're not trying to hide anything. They DONT have anything to hide. There is no reason to lock this or delete it, as far as i see.

Why is it a bad thing that SSA leaves threads like this open? I see it as a good thing, they're not trying to hide anything. They DONT have anything to hide. There is no reason to lock this or delete it, as far as i see.

It was a joke to imply what other forums do.. Since SSA stands out as being different.

It was a joke to imply what other forums do.. Since SSA stands out as being different.

Ahh, missed the sarcasam :P