Julian

Coil Knuckles

I am looking for the actual name for Coil Knuckles I am interested in some for the rear of the mustang... is there an alternative to this so I can add more weight? That are easy and cheap*

Edited by Julian

Are you talking about spacers so you can add more weight and not sag?

Are you talking about spacers so you can add more weight and not sag?

Correct, I've always heard them been called Knuckles

Very interesting.. Would I just use something like a tire pump to raise/lower them?

Yup. I check mine weekly when I check my tires. You could even fill them with a bicycle pump.

They also work great for many other things too. We use 12 of them through out the haunt.

use helper spring they get added to the leaf spring and u can also use lift shackles bt if you us shackles it puts a bigger stress on you leaf sping i would use a helper leaf

That would be nice for my Camry but alas they do not make it for my car.

my bad i read it wrong you should pull the shock out and change it bc those knuckles mess up your springs main when u have a lot of weight on them they good just to raise the spring but bad when u add weight i personal dont like them i have changed to many spring because these lil things messed them up

That would be nice for my Camry but alas they do not make it for my car.

they are univeral you can buy them at any auto part store they just twist in between the coils in the spring

Yup. I check mine weekly when I check my tires. You could even fill them with a bicycle pump.

What would the deflate rate be? Is it fairly quick or what?

Everyone I have seen installed loses some air. More than likely you will have to put in a few pounds every couple if weeks.

Most boxes ('80's model cars) use aftermarket air shocks to gain a few inches of clearance with big rims when adding bass in the trunk.

I have air lift ride control on my Jeep and it's awesome. They don't leak at all, and deflate rate is super fast. Does make your ride a little more "spongey" though. At least it did on the Jeep. I would highly suggest it as a suspension upgrade.

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/air_lift_suspension.html?gclid=CKn63oehma8CFSQCQAodj0i61g

This is the cheapest site I found.

Everyone I have seen installed loses some air. More than likely you will have to put in a few pounds every couple if weeks.

Most boxes ('80's model cars) use aftermarket air shocks to gain a few inches of clearance with big rims when adding bass in the trunk.

awesome that's what I'd like to hear lol.

Helper bags seem to be perfect (cheap) for my application thanks!