Sign in to follow this  
Tjaden2

few questions

im looking to build a custom box for an impala. i havent built one before so i was wondering how do i tune the box and what dimensions should i use for two 15 inch sundown nightshades? also what tools do i need to build the box and what tools are required for clamping your amp?

What year Impala?

wait.. your "gonna get a 96 to 03 impala?"

wait.. your "gonna get a 96 to 03 impala?"

Yes the ss will be a little to much so i am going to be getting a 2001 to 2003 impala ls which is almost same but different engine. is there any sites that show how to tune a box along with building it and explains everything i need.

It might be a good idea to actually "have" a vehicle before asking questions and wasting everyone's time.

It might be a good idea to actually "have" a vehicle before asking questions and wasting everyone's time.

Not really wasting their time because i can get a headstart and start building the box now and i can start gathering the tools to clamp everything.

Also i have a vehicle now im getting the impala soon

Your talking alot of equipment to do what you want to.

Your talking alot of equipment to do what you want to.

i know that but id like to get it all. im just needing to know what equipment to get because im done messing with prefab boxes

circular saw, jig saw, straight edges, clamps (4 minimum), glue, screws, sandpaper

circular saw, jig saw, straight edges, clamps (4 minimum), glue, screws, sandpaper

Thanks now i need to figure out how to tune it to about 32 to 36 hz and what dimensions for the box so it will fit. also what kinda wood because i have heard different woods produce different sounds

Use 3/4 MDF and you can get it at home depot / lowes.

Also without exact trunk dimensions you will not be able to design anything until you know what your limits are.

You can have a 3.75cu box tuned to 32hz and use many many many different measurements to come up with that. Its not quite as easy as one may think.

Get your measurements and contact someone to do the design for you and cut sheets.

Edited by swift

Use 3/4 MDF and you can get it at home depot / lowes.

Also without exact trunk dimensions you will not be able to design anything until you know what your limits are.

You can have a 3.75cu box tuned to 32hz and use many many many different measurements to come up with that. Its not quite as easy as one may think.

Get your measurements and contact someone to do the design for you and cut sheets.

Alright thanks a bunch swift. i should have car by this friday and i can gather all the measurements.