jordan.guess

Getting it done with 8's

Ive been doing some research on some 8' subs with about a $200 budget and was hoping for some suggestions. I've mainly had my eye on the new alpine's since I can get them about $90 a pop. If anybody knows someone that is selling some 8's for sale in a fair price range, or if the sundown SA-8 by itself could topple most 8 inch couples then that input would be handy as well.

Secondly, I hear its quite difficult to make a screamin ported box for this size of sub and was hoping for some direction here as well. When I look at youtube videos I see ports that are sometimes much bigger than the box they are in alone. =/ I've fooled around with WinISD pro alpha version, and put in as many specs as I could for the sub that I intend to use but I always get little error messages that prevent me from finishing anything that will help me. I hear the generic 1 cube foot for ported, but what should my port look like (port length, port volume, and so forth).

The vehicle I'm working with is a single cab Toyota pick-up, and ive given up on shallow mount subs; there is still just something missing about them.

Your input is much appreciated, if there is any information I am lacking then please let me know. Thanks.

With WinISD you need to let it calculate most of the specs. Just enter re, SD, qes, qms, fs, and Vas. You can also enter xmax and pe.

What error messages do you receive in WinISD?

What information did you input into the driver specifications?

If you can take screenshots and post them that would be helpful! :)

Just use the beta version. You won't find all the specs the alpha version needs and it doesn't do that great of a job calculating them.

Use 20 inchs^2 of port area for each 8 (if using high output like sundown). With .6 feet^3 per sub your port will need to be about 36" long to tune to 35 hertz

Just use the beta version. You won't find all the specs the alpha version needs and it doesn't do that great of a job calculating them.

Use 20 inchs^2 of port area for each 8 (if using high output like sundown). With .6 feet^3 per sub your port will need to be about 36" long to tune to 35 hertz

trippy.gif

It is what it is. Build the port large enough or get port noise. Those eights compress as much if not more than most 10's

okay so if my box is .6 cube feet per sub and my port length needs to be 36" inches long, the what diameter or port area does it need?

Also how does SKAR hold up with there 8's?

Also how does SKAR hold up with there 8's?

Don't know but the owner of Skar is a jackass so I wouldn't recommend sending your business there.

Those Alpine Type-R 8's are supposed to be pretty stout little drivers.

Audible Customs already told you the port area for that tuning in a .6cuft enclosure....202 inches

Alright cool thanks, and what are you guys' opinions about the DD 1508, or DD in general?

It is what it is. Build the port large enough or get port noise. Those eights compress as much if not more than most 10's

I have a pair of SA 8's with about 1.4 cuft and a single 4'' aero port (18'' flared length, yields about 36hz tuning IIRC) I don't have port noise issues until I am really stroking them. I have the pair wired to 1 ohm on my SAZ2500 wink.png. lol.. So I am really putting some power to them. I doubt ''Jordan Guess'' will be putting that much power on them. I think he would be satisfied with a similar setup. Checkout my video below.

Edited by Im Hung N ur Not

you could also check into diamond audio D3 8s

The SA8v2 is a driver of its own really

F1501.jpg

8s2.jpg

8s.jpg

Tang Band Neo 8's in a standard cab. 2ft3 total, tuned at 30Hz. Driven by a MMATS DHC 2200.1, roughly 1.5-2Kw...

This is my dad's truck, They get retarded loud and low in the little cab. He pretty much lets them have it on a daily basis, they have been in there for almost 7 year snow.

Dollar for dollar, I would put the Tang Bands up against anything else...

ide love some tang bands or DD's, but the price on the tang bands now are way expensive because of the magnet they use and its hard to find some used DD's for sale.

I saw that elemental designs is clearing out their 8s for about 40$ I don't know anything about them, but that is a great price!

dd 2508s i heard bang hard now.. pretty new sub also. 1200 per sub that would bump hard. check it out