Sign in to follow this  
SMpaintball78

2 aq2200's or 2 Bc2000's....

well long story short, i may be getting back the massive 3k today. i did trade my close friend and he isnt liking the way it sounds so i told him i would trade him back if he really wanted. so that being said, i have had a few offers on the massive. either sell for $315 shipped to a guy on c.a.c.o, or i was offered a LNIB crescendo bs2000. so my question is, should i sell the amp outright and pick up this other aq2200 for $275-300, or trade it for this almost brand new Bc2000? which ever amp i go with now, i will be adding a second one and linking them together to the zcons which are d2's so they will run at a 2ohm load. iv been sitting here at the computer now for 2 hours searching about both amps but not many peopl ehave linked the bc2000's yet so i thought id ask you guys smile.png

Edited by Lantz

well long story short, i may be getting back the massive 3k today. i did trade my close friend and he isnt liking the way it sounds so i told him i would trade him back if he really wanted. so that being said, i have had a few offers on the massive. either sell for $315 shipped to a guy on c.a.c.o, or i was offered a LNIB crescendo bs2000. so my question is, should i sell the amp outright and pick up this other aq2200 for $275-300, or trade it for this almost brand new Bc2000? which ever amp i go with now, i will be adding a second one and linking them together to the zcons which are d2's so they will run at a 2ohm load. iv been sitting here at the computer now for 2 hours searching about both amps but not many peopl ehave linked the bc2000's yet so i thought id ask you guys smile.png

I say two aq2200 strapped. biggrin.png

Either choice would be great, flip a coin.

Do you have an AQ 2200 already?

right now i do yes. but i may be trading it back to my close friend becasue he said it doesnt sound right on his hccas. he is coming over shortly and im gonna redo all his sub wiring to see if i can get it right. if i can, hes keeping the massive but if not, im just gonna trade him back. if it were some random guy off c.a.c.o, id tell him to go fly a kite but since its my close friend, i dont wana do him wrong. it sounded fine on my zcons so im guessing its just his wiring.... hopefully

Tell him he's on drugs lol. Doesn't like the sound of the Massive wtf.gif

If you keep the AQ2200 then get another to strap. If not go big or go home and get an NS-1 biggrin.png

If you keep the AQ2200 then get another to strap. If not go big or go home and get an NS-1 biggrin.png

im thinking he messed up the wiring and they out of phase or something. we will see here shrotly though. and i dont have the cash for a NS-1 lol wish i did haha.

Well, strictly unbiased opinion, I would try the BC. Is there a reason, nope lol. I guess it depends on preference from your end. Like your budget, the room you have to work with, which amp draws less current, which puts out more at 2ohm load, etc.

Pointless thread is pointless, both amps do pretty much similar power for around the same price. Strapped or not you wont hear the difference between the two different brands. Color of amps will likely be your deciding factor.

please disregaurd this post. i am doing 2 aq2200's. sorry. my buddy with my massive 3k did say his orion hcca 10's didnt sound right and now i know why. he bought them from a guy who had them (so he said) running 2 ohm to his 2 ohm stable orion amp. well he came over and we pulled the subs. come to find out, they are wired at .5ohm and trying to run them on the massive 3k@2ohm... lol i rewired them to 2 ohm and everything sounded great. so he said he is keeping the massive and everything good to go. :)

the aq will be saver with its protection but the bc2000s will be more power not alot more but more.

You only need to buy a second AQ amp so.

Problem solved !!!

Or you can sell it and get a big amp working at 2 Ohms. like a Stetsom for example.

You only need to buy a second AQ amp so.

Problem solved !!!

Or you can sell it and get a big amp working at 2 Ohms. like a Stetsom for example.

u must have missed the part where i may have had to trade the aq back for the massive 3k... but its all been resolved. im keeping the aq. also im trying to get my old aq3500.1 back and run it at .5ohm. if i canm im gonne keep my eyes open for a second aq2200 and link them.

I had the same situation a guy didn't like my amp so I got my 2k back. Strap that 2200 and have some fun :)

Edited by Fearz