orlando144

Amp power ratings?

Sup guys! I was wondering/ asking myself.. On birtsheets from Rockford Fosgate or Kicker, etc amps, why do diferent wattage ratings come up on birthseets? If a zx2500.1 is built the same as the next zx2500.1 built why would one say I.E 2,753 vs the second amp that says 2,945? If they both consist of the same parts and what not, why would power variate instead of being similar?

Thanks for the input

they take a sample out of x amount of amps and print those. so depending on their quality control it could be 1 in a 1000 amps tested and they use that.

They vary due to the + - tolerances on parts utilized inside the amplifier.

Ohhh so then there could be 1000 amps from kicker doing all the same?

98gmc seems understandable

100% correct. Every part inside the amp has a tolerance. If you measure the resistance of a 20k Ohm resistor, it generally won't be exactly 20k Ohm. The nominal impedance is 20k Ohm, but the measured may be 19.87k Ohm. These tolerances add up when you have many parts. Theres where your differences come into play.

100% correct. Every part inside the amp has a tolerance. If you measure the resistance of a 20k Ohm resistor, it generally won't be exactly 20k Ohm. The nominal impedance is 20k Ohm, but the measured may be 19.87k Ohm. These tolerances add up when you have many parts. Theres where your differences come into play.

Finally got it! i was kinda confused about why there would be diferences, Makes sense now, thanks guys :)

And remember ANY measurement without posted uncertainty isn't worth the paper it's printed on. ie, don't leave out testing variations and on top of that poor methodology.