pimpdaddy1787

Sundown or zcon's.

So since I am going to be finally putting in the saz2500d, I figured it was time to put new subs in! But the question is which ones. I like the zcon's and they can handle 2500 each. But the sundowns can handle 1500. My box is 4.75^3 tuned to 36hz. Finally got money to get the d3100 and. Already have the 0gauge to wire it. Any suggestions?

I'm assuming you are referring to the Z v3? And if you are they are not comparable drivers in my opinion.

The Zcon would like that box and they sound amazing! I vote Zcon

there is still some info needed from you before we can suggest anything

But i still vote zcon over anything

More information would help such as what size subs and how many (Im assuming

your referrring to 2-12"s or 1-15"). If your referring to one 15" that might be too much space with that much power for the Zv.3 if not setup properly or ran properly.

I cant wait to see some of these answers ninja.gif

Edited by jay-cee

There is not enough info about the enclosure to be able to assume this.

I was in the same spot not that long ago. I got the Z's because shipping cost of the Zcon. Also the fact that the Z 18 has that sexy high rolled surround, but that's me. I like my Z's, but if I had the money it would be Zcons. Just because I like to play a lot of types of music like blues and zydeco when my dad is in the car. The Z's can handle it, but I think the Zcon would excel in this field being they are more musicly based.

I was in the same spot not that long ago. I got the Z's because shipping cost of the Zcon. Also the fact that the Z 18 has that sexy high rolled surround, but that's me. I like my Z's, but if I had the money it would be Zcons. Just because I like to play a lot of types of music like blues and zydeco when my dad is in the car. The Z's can handle it, but I think the Zcon would excel in this field being they are more musicly based.

If I'm not mistaken the z v3 is sundowns sq ish sub? If it doesn't sound musical then the problem is your enclosure/install.

Its within the Zcon specs. Assuming its built well it should be just fine for one 15. Its even in the area for two 12's. If he is gonna use that box I dont see why one could not assume it would work.

Although he did give almost zero info, LOL

Edited by swift

Its within the Zcon specs. Assuming its built well it should be just fine for one 15. Its even in the area for two 12's. If he is gonna use that box I dont see why one could assume it would work.

Port area plays a huge role in how it will perform and we don't have that information.

If I'm not mistaken the z v3 is sundowns sq ish sub? If it doesn't sound musical then the problem is your enclosure/install.

It sounds great. I thought the Zcon was build to be purely musical, so i thought it might handle better. My bad if it came out wrong

i choose piqico

Its within the Zcon specs. Assuming its built well it should be just fine for one 15. Its even in the area for two 12's. If he is gonna use that box I dont see why one could assume it would work.

Port area plays a huge role in how it will perform and we don't have that information.

This is true.

It sounds great. I thought the Zcon was build to be purely musical, so i thought it might handle better. My bad if it came out wrong

The zcon is geared more toward spl. This is not at all saying it can't sound good.

The zcon is geared more toward spl. This is not at all saying it can't sound good.

My misunderstanding. Thanks Ricksi

A better comparison might be between the ZCON and the NS.

I had a ZCON. It was good for rap songs but wasn't able to reproduce other genres of music as well as I like. Possibly a different enclosure would have been better.

I now have a Z.3. It is a very musical driver and gets crazy loud. A SAZ2500D is no problem for a Z.3 in a good enclosure. I am powering mine with a DD M3a.

Sorry bout the lack of info. The box is 44" wide x 18" tall with the 14" top and 21" bottom. Both subs (12's) on top near left side. Port is on rt lower. 4" tall from bottom and I think it 21" long. Have to double check if needed. Had Ryan @ ramdesigns design it for me. I'm looking to break things not necessarily hear them real good if y'all know what I mean. Lol.

Sorry bout the lack of info. The box is 44" wide x 18" tall with the 14" top and 21" bottom. Both subs (12's) on top near left side. Port is on rt lower. 4" tall from bottom and I think it 21" long. Have to double check if needed. Had Ryan @ ramdesigns design it for me. I'm looking to break things not necessarily hear them real good if y'all know what I mean. Lol.

What was it designed for? If I were you I would lean toward the zcon.

Box was actually designed for 2 cvx122 kickers, which really do hit hard. But I want more and have the amp and electrical to do it so why not? Specs seem to be ok for the z's but wanted to double check before dropping $900 on a set of subs that will need a new box

Tell us the port area. Chances are it is too little.

Pick the one that fits your budget the best.

4.75ft^3 will be on the large side for 1 Sundown Zv.3 15" on that amplifier. But if you keep the gains and volume knob in check you will be ok.

Either way you won't be dissapointed in either sub woofer as they are both hand built in the USA and come from 2 great companies!

Not going with 15". Don't know where that came from. Lol. Goin with 2 12's. Port is 21" long and 18.5 wide at top. 20" wide at bottom. Basically same size as bottom 4" of box and 21" long. Budget is not really an issue as I do a lot of ebayin and keep money in my PayPal account for my stereo needs! thanks for all the help

Pick the one that fits your budget the best.

4.75ft^3 will be on the large side for 1 Sundown Zv.3 15" on that amplifier. But if you keep the gains and volume knob in check you will be ok.

Either way you won't be dissapointed in either sub woofer as they are both hand built in the USA and come from 2 great companies!

The z3 is built in the USA? Not China?

So how would I figure out the port are on a trapezoid style port?