MikeMartel

Gotta Love Local Shops

tape is a little lazy iMO but that's just me.

I regularly tape. Works great to insulate my solder joints when I forget the shrink wrap.

My fronts are running all factory wring and I am sending 150rms to each side. Nothing wrong at all with it

Why would you rerun wire? If it's not broken, why fix it?

X2

tape is a little lazy iMO but that's just me.

agreed i always solder, then use heat shrink...... then i use tape :)

Well, now if it does break ill be able to find the problem easier. Thought you guys would think direct wiring was better, guess i just wasted my time though. :o

I'm with ya Mike. I've always preferred direct wiring. Like you mentioned, that way I KNOW what I've got, exactly what's there, and how it's wired and working. Sure it's extra work, sometimes a great deal of extra work, but it's worth it for the peace of mind alone if nothing else. I can see where a business would do it that way to save time and money and that's fine for them, but I would imagine that when most people pay for such an installation they're probably expecting a new wire run straight from amp to speakers and not what they've got when that's done unless they were told up front that's how it was done.

nothing really wrong here except if u want to be picky they cud have heat shrink tubing the wires instead of electrical tape

Well, now if it does break ill be able to find the problem easier. Thought you guys would think direct wiring was better, guess i just wasted my time though. ohmy.png

Yeah you did waste your time posting this. Its not that we dont car about direct wiring, its not that. Its the fact how some people expect shops to do more labor then required and this thread turning into a why did a speaker wire install cost me $200. If you asked for the direct wiring and it came out this way then yes this thread would be valuable. Using tape for connectors is not all that bad, I dont use them becuase I will pay the extra 2 bucks for connectors (not as messy if you gotta redo the wiring and doesnt have the option of peeling off like tape). If you were to work on my current car you would probably do the same thing considering how I cant run wires throug my door jam period, so in certain cases that is a good alternative.

The real question is why even pay the shop to do something you are physically capable of doing yourself?

Ok jay-cee, no need to get your panties in a bunch. Also, if you knew how to read you would see this used to be my dads car before I even got it so yes, I would have wired it myself. And I have. I simply wasn't sure if this was typical or not. And I understand why shops would do it for less cost, I just personally thought it would be done differently. So relax.

Ok jay-cee, no need to get your panties in a bunch. Also, if you knew how to read you would see this used to be my dads car before I even got it so yes, I would have wired it myself. And I have. I simply wasn't sure if this was typical or not. And I understand why shops would do it for less cost, I just personally thought it would be done differently. So relax.

Haha your the one with the sand in the vagina, im cool as a cucumber :fing34:

"panties in a bunch"

"sand in the vagina"

duel.gif

seesaw.gif

man those expressions are hilarious - LOL ! rofl2.gif

I do this all the time. like mentioned, it's a lot more work that customers don't want to pay for. And like mentioned, getting wires through door grommets can be near impossible with some vehicles that use molex connectors. But if there's a will, there's a way.

My grommets were very easy... Coat hanger and it was good to go, one side was a little hard becuase the E-Brake assembly was right on the outside of the opening for the grommet but still only took me about 15-20 minutes of screwing around with it. :)

Well, Its done for now. :P Guess its just a personal preference for me.

I used the stock wiring too, in my car. It was too difficult, and too long to re wire everything, just for a single component set. the passive filter is in the door, well secured.

I'm satisfied with it like that !