Angelboy863

Help with sub box?

My e12 came in the mail today (sweet sub btw!) so I put it in my custom sub box in the car to see how it looks (2.00cuft tuned 32hz) and the sub hole is sliiiightly too small (won't fit completely flush). Any ideas on how to make this work? I suppose sanding down the hole till the sub can fit flush. What would be the easiest and safest way to get the sub to fit? I know for sure that I want to use this box, so another box isn't an option. (paid $120 for box) they even said oversized subs may require slight mod to box. I'm a little upset though that the sub won't fit. But any ideas please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Get out the sand paper or sanding block and put some elbow in it dude biggrin.png wood is easy to sand.

Get out the sand paper or sanding block and put some elbow in it dude biggrin.png wood is easy to sand.

I figured that'll be the way to do it lol.

Obviously with some investment in router bits you can also do this.

Yea it depends on how much material needs to come off. If it's quite a bit, I would suggest a sander or as previously suggested a router. Hand sanding may take a while tongue.png

Even a carefully maneuvered jigsaw would do the job.

Sanding block or electric sander would be the safest and cheapest way to go about it.

Here is what I use tongue.png

Rotary drum sander (kit), just attach it to a power hand drill or any rotary tool and off you go, available with different grit size. Very handy !

The hand method works just as good when its not that much material to be removed (old school).

rt.png

Thanks guys! My buddies and I ended up hand sanding it (was a fun and hilarious experience) got the sub to fit flush.

Here is what I use tongue.png

Rotary drum sander (kit), just attach it to a power hand drill or any rotary tool and off you go, available with different grit size. Very handy !

The hand method works just as good when its not that much material to be removed (old school).

rt.png

I almost bought something similar to that. Just bought a couple packs of sandpaper instead lol.