OuTLaWeD

imaging help

Only way it'll even close to work unless it doesn't have to be at wang volume regularly.

i think maybe i'll put the CDT M6's in there and just replace the factory tweets with some Crescendo FT1-SE super tweets and a decent 100+ watt 4 channel running active and throw an old pair of mint 04' Cerwin Vega Stroker 12's in a sealed enclosure with 2.5K on them and call it a day. keep it easy and leave it alone. i'll figure it out a little more as time goes on. i'm in no hurry at all

That is pretty well the antithesis of your originally stated goals.

Supertweeters have no purpose being in a vehicle, IMO.

no, i just think i have to go back to the drawing board and really put my head into this before i do it. i really didn't give it a huge amount of thought or enough research before i decided to do this.

There is no reason you can't have loud and sq. a HAT team member does 150's and yet it is a SQ setup by design. He is also the sq+ champ multi years in a row. During sq judging he just turns down the bass. So yes it can be done. My setup is four speakers up front (2 8" midbass and 2 3.5" full range) and will have a blow through in the near future.

As one of the first posters said, go with a good 6.5" component setup up front, ditch the rears and go from there.

There is no reason you can't have loud and sq. a HAT team member does 150's and yet it is a SQ setup by design. He is also the sq+ champ multi years in a row. During sq judging he just turns down the bass. So yes it can be done. My setup is four speakers up front (2 8" midbass and 2 3.5" full range) and will have a blow through in the near future.

As one of the first posters said, go with a good 6.5" component setup up front, ditch the rears and go from there.

That's true, but the OP has stated that he wanted the front stage to maintain that sound while the bass isn't turned down, and that changes everything (driver selection).

no component set is going to keep up with with the OP's subs

If you want to keep up with subs at 150db, no, nothing will do that realistically. Then again, anyone that is listening to music continuously at those levels probably isn't "listening" to any music at all, they are just listening to bass pounding their ear drums into submission.

i don't listen to my music cranked at all times, i do want something that will sound absolutelly amazing though when i do want to show off. when i do have it cracked open, i want the listener to really enjoy the experience as well as myself.

Horn Loaded Compression Drivers and 8" - 10" pro audio midbass drivers.

I honestly think this is about the only logical means by which to reach the goals you are aiming for. It is NOT a beginner system, so I hesitated in suggesting it....but IMO most of the tuning issues with this system comes mostly from the EQ adjustment rather than crossover selection and other issues like the other options. It would have the output and impact to make your chest feel like it was collapsing and with properly adjusted EQ selection and installation it would still be capable of high fidelity, great detail and good imaging at normally listening levels.

the suggestion was already made here. up to OP to follow through or not..

If you want to keep up with subs at 150db, no, nothing will do that realistically. Then again, anyone that is listening to music continuously at those levels probably isn't "listening" to any music at all, they are just listening to bass pounding their ear drums into submission.

the other side of that is also what sounds "GOOD" to you, may sound like total garbage to someone else

keep in mind that the other listner may not like a lot of high's as to his hearing may hear differantly from from yours. I always kept an ear open in crowds while playing my system to hear what others thought.

Lows and highs are easy, the challenge is the area in between where MOST of the music that you are reproducing is.