Nextiii

BC 1100.4 PROBLEM FED UP

Ok I would like a new amp or a refund for my c1100.4 The day i received it all it did was protect..even with JUST rca's in. I changed rca's and everything checked all speakers (4 crescendo 8's and 2 cendo super tweets). It plays for a little and randomly protects. I call you guys and you tell me I need another battery JUST to run this SINGLE amp. So i got the battery STILL protect. I switch from high pass to low pass...guess what? Protect. I send the amp to you guys and you say it's fine and send it back to me , but I had the same problems when I received it again. I SEND THE AMP AGAIN. you guys say the 3rd channel went out due to low power and tell me i MUST have a second battery WHICH I DID AND THE VOLTAGE NEVER DROPPED.To make you guys happy, i went and bought a D3100 and im still having the same problems! this thing goes into protect from just changing the gains and crossover settings with no speakers hooked up! the only thing this amp can do is play on LPF lows without protecting.

No speakers pinched / no loose grounds / voltages are fine / 0 gauge everything / no speakers are blown

In the process of all this thinking its maybe something i did wrong ive replaced the following

Head unit 150$

Rcas's 20$

EQ 60$

New montser cable 4 channel wiring

Wal-mart ever start maxx 94R 130$

shipping it back twice 50$

XS D3100 360$

supposed 3rd channel repair 40$

All the other products i bought from you guys work fine! im not one to complain about anything and I always triple check shit. Yal makin me feel crazy for real I just want a working amp.

So either the way it was tested was wrong or there is something wrong with your setup.

Have you measured the load you are putting onto each of the channels and checked for shorts?

man i checked everything iv'e spent 10 hour days checking everything. shorts? i rewired everything 3 times man taking all the seats out my car and everything. 2 4 ohm mids on one channel 1 ///// 2 4 ohm mids on channel 2 ////// 2 8 ohm tweets on 3... and if there is a special way of changing the gains or changing the xover without it going into protect let me know man cause this shit is nerve wrecking.

it goes into protect with just one set of mids in and one tweeter....... i checked the speakers and they arn't blown . I checked everything.

Is the amp mounted to your subwoofer enclosure? Where do you have your amp ground connected?

Is the amp mounted to your subwoofer enclosure? Where do you have your amp ground connected?

X2 pic of the ground ??

Connected to a bolt in the trunk thats coming from the car frame, and during testing I've only had this amp in... my car has been apart for about a month waiting to get it back just in case i got to do this bs all over. it plays 2x bridged at 2 ohm on subs fine , but when i get to mess with the xover for highs it protects.

Edited by Nextiii

man i checked everything iv'e spent 10 hour days checking everything. shorts? i rewired everything 3 times man taking all the seats out my car and everything. 2 4 ohm mids on one channel 1 ///// 2 4 ohm mids on channel 2 ////// 2 8 ohm tweets on 3... and if there is a special way of changing the gains or changing the xover without it going into protect let me know man cause this shit is nerve wrecking.

I am not understanding this. You have a four channel amp and using three channels all at different impedence?

Connected to a bolt in the trunk thats coming from the car frame.

Since you have a second battery why isn't your amp directly wired to it?

Ok I had*** 2 4 ohm mids on chan 1 and 2 4 ohm mids on chan 2..........and 2 8 ohm cendo tweets on 3

2 ohm load / 2 ohm load / 4 ohm load/

Connected to a bolt in the trunk thats coming from the car frame.

Since you have a second battery why isn't your amp directly wired to it?

Didn't know it made a difference if it was grounded to the car or the battery does it? ,

Edited by Nextiii

Ill try it in another car , but I also tried a saz 4 channel and it worked.

You never said where your second battery is. I am assuming it is in the rear of the vehicle. I would definitely run your pos and neg from the amp to your secondary battery. Might not be the cause of your issue though.

So channel four on your amp is not connected? This shouldnt matter but possibly with your amp it does. Try running a 4/4/4/4 ohm load on your amp.

Trying to help you eliminate unseen problems. Since you said that a direct swap with another four channel amp showed no signs of the issues you have it is probably 1100.4 related.

I would ground directly to battery!!!

Also, I'm not sure how running different loads to an amp at one time effects it, maybe ok, maybe bad?

Try in another vehicle, and see if that works.

You said it plays fine, then goes into protect, When exactly does it goes into protect? Is it simply at a certain volume, is it at a certain volume for a certain time. etc.

it plays 2x bridged at 2 ohm on subs fine , but when i get to mess with the xover for highs it protects.

So you are saying it doesn't go into protect unless you use the xover? Did you share that so when it was tested they would only test it with the crossovers on?

not disagreeing with what you are saying about it going in protect but curious at the same time-

What would logically make an amp go into protect by adjusting the xover?

it plays on lpf gains all the way up fine on subs... on stereo...it goes into protect RANDOMLY... and it goes into protect as soon as i change ANYTHING on the amp changing filters / hz / any adjustments........it's just random....just look at it funny

2x bridged 2 ohm load two pyle bs 15's gains up - FINE

1 cendo mid at 4 ohm on one channel w/ one rca jack in - protect

2 cendo mids at 2 ohm on one channel - protect

basically any of my speakers hooked in every combination except 4 ohm on each channel which will leave out my tweets....i will try that last one , but im just going to look into the future and guess what happens..

Edited by Nextiii

i had a mb quartz onyx in here before the c1100.4 and that worked fine.

it plays on lpf gains all the way up fine on subs... on stereo...it goes into protect RANDOMLY... and it goes into protect as soon as i change ANYTHING on the amp changing filters / hz / any adjustments........it's just random....just look at it funny

"gain all the way up" ?? just curious... have you tried it with the gain all the way down??

sounds like something is wrong with the amp... dont see why they couldnt figure it out though...

"gain all the way up" ?? just curious... have you tried it with the gain all the way down??

oh yea, was just saying on lpf I can turn gains up on the subs... and it doesnt protect...with the other setup even with the gains low it protected.

sounds like something is wrong with the amp... dont see why they couldnt figure it out though...

Yea jus like...I sent the amp in and they sent it back saying it was fine and I sent it in 3 days later...and they said channel 3 was gone...and I didn't even do anything to the amp but try to hook it up and play it again using the first two channels...which still protected

Edited by Nextiii

So it ONLY protects when using the HPF? Again, did you tell the service department that?