why don't i see or hear much about these guys anymore? i guess i missed something

what are they paying you!!!!!!

:P

oh come on now Jon, i don't roll like that. just curious though. i remember them being pretty solid amps thats all. now nothing, i knnow Murillo was hard to contact some ttimes making their customer service not all that great. i knnow that it took forever to get the amps because there wasn't any domestic dealers. other than that?

They have a faulty design that creates a rather large number of issues and the great magic smoke.

I love my SounDigital amp... doing pretty good numbers for only 1 amp...

they just came out with another line of amps though....

and murilo is doing a lot better with his CS.... ive been emailing him daily and once a day he emails me back.... im happy with there cs so far....

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/213-soundigital-amplifiers-big-power-in-a-small-package/

Psh. 158.9 with 16k? lol

Got a 157.9 with 5k and less cone area over here. :P

I don't trust any amp that the manufacture says you NEED to run multiple runs of 1/0 into..

Psh. 158.9 with 16k? lol

Got a 157.9 with 5k and less cone area over here. tongue.png

I don't trust any amp that the manufacture says you NEED to run multiple runs of 1/0 into..

really 5k... ur the one thats always saying your amp does like 9K+ at .25 ohms sigh.gif

and im only running around 12k....

and wow u need to do some research... they never said u NEED to run multiple runs.... they said each run needs to be less than a meter long .....

and once u can hit a 159 come talk to me bro wink.png

Edited by 16K

lulz.

Can't wait to see that amp light fire.

They have a faulty design that creates a rather large number of issues and the great magic smoke.

Say that on caco or to Mach5.

curious to what u mean by they have a faulty design ??

from my understanding if you run the amp how it's supposed to be ran for a daily setup (1ohm with the electrical to back it up) the amps are great and you'll never have a problem with them.?

Say that on caco or to Mach5.

I have a few times, normally ends with a PM from a Mod suggesting I stop before I get a vacation.

As with amplifiers some can work around issues and have good success with them. Others..not so much.

In end if/when it fails good luck with repairs.

curious to what u mean by they have a faulty design ??

I will get our amp tech to do a write up when he has time and PM it to you. He is far more knowledgeable then myself and go into to greater detail.

I will get our amp tech to do a write up when he has time and PM it to you. He is far more knowledgeable then myself and go into to greater detail.

sounds good

Psh. 158.9 with 16k? lol

the 16k fits 4/0 without issue.

Psh. 158.9 with 16k? lol

the 16k fits 4/0 without issue.

Haha na I will admit the terminals are kinda small on the power side.. I had to cut like half the wire off to get it to fit inside...

The speaker terminals are like 4g though

from my understanding if you run the amp how it's supposed to be ran for a daily setup (1ohm with the electrical to back it up) the amps are great and you'll never have a problem with them.?

So far ive had good luck... Im only runnin 1ohm, while bassahaulic is over there runnin .25 ohms to make power...pathetic :P

Something i can say that i've read from SD before...

There amps are capable of doing there power at 2ohm and just a hair more at 1ohm.

They are stated to safely be ran at 1ohm but strongly encourage those to never even attempt wiring below 1ohm as 1ohm is on the edge of safety as it is.

so they are more of a 2ohm amplifier then?

in a sense, yes. They are built to withstand 1ohm wiring, but even 0.7ohms at rest is not suggested.. that's how "on the edge" it is suggested.

Look at there 1ohm and 2ohm ratings. They aren't much different. Good news is wiring at 1ohm can net you LOTS of ACTUAL power vs other amps out there.

You won't find any large powerhouse amps that can do the power SD amps can do at 2ohms.

Psh. 158.9 with 16k? lol

Just my opinion, but once you get up to so much DB, most rule of thumbs go out the window. So if your insinuating that the difference between a 57 and a 58 is easy, well, I simply don't agree.

especially since 16ks install is just a drop-in!

Wait til he tunestweaks, rebuilds, etc...

in a sense, yes. They are built to withstand 1ohm wiring, but even 0.7ohms at rest is not suggested.. that's how "on the edge" it is suggested.

Look at there 1ohm and 2ohm ratings. They aren't much different. Good news is wiring at 1ohm can net you LOTS of ACTUAL power vs other amps out there.

You won't find any large powerhouse amps that can do the power SD amps can do at 2ohms.

yup murilo said lowest is 1ohm for daily and .7ohms for burp

especially since 16ks install is just a drop-in!

Wait til he tunestweaks, rebuilds, etc...

:D