ricksi30

Rick's build log

Good to hear. Why dont you keep your Alpine then and just get tweeters like you said.. that hu uses USB right?

This is what I will most likely be doing. It does have a rear usb.

How do you have the tweets aimed?

I have played with locations a bit and they are tolerable. I just prefer a more laid back tweeter, more like the Alpine ring radiator which is supposedly made by Scanspeak.

As for the head unit I like everything about it except for the display. It is very hard to see in direct sunlight and I have 5% tint everywhere but the windshield.

That's what I had an issue with when I used my Kenwood deck 4 years ago, loved every bit of it except I couldn't see the display in direct sunlight even with 5% tint. That sucks to hear because I wanted to go back to Kenwood.

I do REALLY like it. I somehow get night and day better mid bass than with my 880. I'm honestly thinking that something was wrong with my Pioneer that is how big of a difference there is. This is why I was never happy with my mid bass output and kept changing drivers. The screen is killing me though.

This might finally get finished! Just waiting on a dust cap because I am retarded.

Tuned in

Hurry it up bro! Lol

New dust cap

P3040378_zps8963125c.jpg

Sanded a bit 

P3040381_zps1d9ee699.jpg

Fruit salad 

P3040385_zpsb1c016e7.jpg

And now......I should be up and going this weekend. ;)

Lol nice fruit salad..

Like it never happened :)

20130305_002702_zps89da5b04.jpg

20130305_002732_zpsd6d9887c.jpg

So fresh so clean

I just have to finish mounting them, and clean the port up and I'll be ready to go. Finally getting excited about car audio again!

20130305_200150_zps7fff8f0a.jpg

Lets get some bass going!!!

They are in and playing! So far they have disabled my speedometer, created new annoying rattles, and overall sound pretty damn good. So tomorrows checklist will be to try to find out what loosened up causing my speedometer to stop working, find and eliminate some rattles, and see if I have some time to make some videos!

Hell yeah man! Can't wait to see them play.

Hells yeah!

I had the ear tickle with one 12 but now it is more of a throat squeezing feeling. :)

Now, do I throw 3500 at them........

I had the ear tickle with one 12 but now it is more of a throat squeezing feeling. smile.png

28106861.jpg

I had the ear tickle with one 12 but now it is more of a throat squeezing feeling. smile.png

28106861.jpg

redx.gif

We need more pics!

We need more pics!

They will be coming. Still have a bit of cleaning up to do!

What I want pics SON!!!

Lookin good! Do the 3500! :)

Here are a few pics to give you guys an idea. Keep in mind that this is not finished by any stretch of the imagination, and the car won't be driven until I get it completed. The final install will be with the enclosure facing into the cabin sealed off from the trunk, the battery will be mounted were it currently sits (to the left of the enclosure). I have to check on a few Meca rules before I permanently mount the amps and battery as I need to make sure it is allowed in my class. I will also be cleaning up the wiring, repainting the port, and carpeting the trunk/trunk lid. It is a work in progress.

PC050030_zpsa43474ca.jpg

2012-07-18000352.jpg

20130312_224757_zps16e06b34.jpg

20130312_224846_zpsa11c8e78.jpg

Sweetness. I'd get that power off the engine though. High temps lower power capacity transfer in wire.

Sweetness. I'd get that power off the engine though. High temps lower power capacity transfer in wire.

Do you mean only run one battery? After adding the second battery my voltage is up, and dimming is much better. If I'm not following what you are saying let me know.