ricksi30

Rick's build log

Sweetness. I'd get that power off the engine though. High temps lower power capacity transfer in wire.

Do you mean only run one battery? After adding the second battery my voltage is up, and dimming is much better. If I'm not following what you are saying let me know.

Your first picture shows a blue power wire routed directly over the engine. Just saying there is a better way to do it. Has really nothing to do with multiple runs.

Just a thought.

Sweetness. I'd get that power off the engine though. High temps lower power capacity transfer in wire.

Do you mean only run one battery? After adding the second battery my voltage is up, and dimming is much better. If I'm not following what you are saying let me know.

Your first picture shows a blue power wire routed directly over the engine. Just saying there is a better way to do it. Has really nothing to do with multiple runs.

Just a thought.

Ohhhh, okay I see what you mean now. Yeah I have been thinking about rerouting the wires that are over the engine. I haven't had any issues, but as of now I rarely ever drive this car. I will definitely see what I can do about it. Thanks for the input!

Sure thing Rick. I made a bracket to route my alternator to power wire in front of the engine. I should have routed it on the bottom of the engine bay instead. Maybe I will change that.

Anxious to see more pics!

Ya I have my wires routed behind the engine close to the firewall.

Big changes coming..... I sold my XCON's and I will be purchasing Sean's IB GCON 15. I loved the XCON's and I hated seeing them go, but it was time for a change and I have always wanted to try an IB sub setup. I plan on adding a second one pretty soon. I'm also redoing my front stage, and I'm very excited for this new build. These are the new tweeters that I received today.

20130424_010406_zpsd8ef29a2.jpg

20130424_010225_zps56994c43.jpg

20130424_010241_zpsbcb645c6.jpg

When I opened them they were WAY bigger than I was picturing. I had measured to make sure that I could fit them prior to ordering, they just look huge and are heavy! The motors on these things are bigger than some mids I've seen smile.png

I'll post some pics of the new mids tomorrow.

Rick, Dayton makes truncated plates that will help minimize the mounting diameter of those large tweeters.

Rick, Dayton makes truncated plates that will help minimize the mounting diameter of those large tweeters.

They were included for free wink.png

Thanks for the suggestion though, I'll have to see what fits/looks better.

updates :woot:

New mids...

20130424_152000_zps2d254c47.jpg

20130424_151943_zps3eded0da.jpg

20130424_152052_zps51bfc5f4.jpg

Those tweets and mids look nice :)

definitely let us know how they sound when you get them in.

Those tweets and mids look nice smile.png

definitely let us know how they sound when you get them in.

Thanks! Will do.

Hey those are the same mids I'm in the process of installing. They are beefy and appear to be well made. Hard to believe for the price.

What are you doing for xover/processing?

Hey those are the same mids I'm in the process of installing. They are beefy and appear to be well made. Hard to believe for the price.

What are you doing for xover/processing?

Temporarily using my amps crossovers. Looking into a mini dsp or maybe an 80prs. You?

even MOAR updates, :woot: :woot:

even MOAR updates, woot.gifwoot.gif

Slowly but surely this car will get finished.

I'm liking the change up Rick. I'm sure it will sound great.

I'm liking the change up Rick. I'm sure it will sound great.

Yeah it was honestly a toss up between going big power on the XCON's or this route, and I just happened to stumble upon a buyer for the XCON's which made me go for it. I can't promise that big power won't be somewhere in the near future BUT I'm hoping that this will hold me over for a while. I picked up some Dayton IB subs last week but was very excited when I saw Sean's add.

Anyway, yeah I'm hoping it sounds good and has enough output to keep me happy.

Nice updates Rick, I am looking foward to your thoughts with the GCON. If it would have fit in the Camry I was going to pick it up.

Nice updates Rick, I am looking foward to your thoughts with the GCON. If it would have fit in the Camry I was going to pick it up.

I will try to put up a nice thorough review. I'm pretty excited to try this setup out.

Have you had a chance to listen to the new daytons yet?

Have you had a chance to listen to the new daytons yet?

Not yet, I had to make some new rings for my doors. I should make some decent progress this weekend.

Sub arrived today!

20130501_134457_zps8c7b1757.jpg

20130501_134518_zps8b9d2837.jpg

Compared to the Dayton IB sub

20130501_134627_zps9f249c05.jpg

20130501_134706_zpsaa2160b2.jpg

Can't wait to hear your review on those Dayton mids, looking at getting a pair of 8"s for the front doors myself.

Can't wait to hear your review on those Dayton mids, looking at getting a pair of 8"s for the front doors myself.

I should have some time to play with them this weekend, hopefully sooner if I get the time to put them in. I'll post my thoughts on them after I get everything dialed in.

That sub is a beast! The G is a great sounding sub. I had a 12" gcon until recently ;) and absolutely loved it. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the IB