This may be a stupid question but this amp is a month old and i noticed the other day when i hooked up my new sa-10s that i had music coming through my subs. My lpf was at 120ish so i dialed it back to 80. Should there be music coming through at 120? especially on a mono amp? IM worried somthing is wrong with the amp as i have never noticed that before on my other amp which is exactly the same only from different vendor.

What do you mean by music and what slope is the crossover of the amp? There should be some bleed through as it is not a brick wall filter

it sounded like i could hear the words through the sub. not sure what you mean by slope of crossover of amp...sorry

Slope is 24 dB/ octave.

If your Infrasonic filter is not set to on, then put it to the on position.

it is and has been on. it is a set filter at 28hz

I would turn the low pass all the way up then listen.

Then turn it all the way down and listen again.

You should be able to tell a difference.

Does your head unit have a low pass as well?

A DMM and ~100hz test tone would be a very simple method of determining if the LPF was working correctly or not

It is working correctly i had someone check it out for me, and yes my head unit has one set at 80 as is my amp now. however i dont have any midbass in my car and im missing alot of bass. is it ok to have my subs playing up to 120hz?

If the hu lpf filter can be defeated then set it to off and use the lpf on them amp, If it can not be defeated then set it to 120 hz (or a value in close approximation that the hu has), then set your lpf on the amp a tad higher, dont set both filters at the same value. And yes you can have your sub playing up to 120 Hz even higher, once it sounds good to you.

dont set both filters at the same value.

I would, if I simply want a steeper roll-off at the same point by cascading the filters... I.e, 24db/oct HU + 24db/oct Amp = 48db/oct total, 12db/oct + 18db/oct = 30db/oct total, etc...

And there is no reason to use either the HU or Amp in any particular preference as long as they fit your filter criteria...

Thanks guys for the info!