flakko

The owner of Digital Designs Died?

got news a couple days ago... if so, RIP...pretty sad, because first TRU, not DD? 2 great companies.

yea...the individual who died was also funding DD... who knows whats gonna happen to them now....Same with tru, IMO tru is gonna go in a couple of months

the engineer died from TRU.... i found out a couple days ago the owner from DD just died.

according to the link that brad posted, fairchild was just with tru..adn he didn't fund it, just worked for them. at least that's how i took it, that teh Wi guy actually owns tru. maybe brad or someone can fill in the gaps.

as far as either company going under, i doubt that. too many competitors using that equipment. lots of money out there as long as the product stays at the same level.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Trutech hasnt been real popular lateley, dunno why. Damn good amps.

Popular? They don't need to be popular...

They are about pure quality and perfomance.

nG

nG

Need to be popular with the real enthusiasts though, otherwise they don't really have a market.

John Yi has proven himself to be an ass on more than one occasion... :)

Perhaps Squeak or someone that's on ECA more can find the link, it was a good thread I read a while ago about Yi making some comments that were pretty racist and elitist.

nG

thats all fine and dandy, my dad doesnt have to be popular witheh whole computer workd because he is about serving businesses and government agencies only, however if he isnt popular with businesses and government agencies he makes no money, a corperation is kinda not doing well when they make no money :fing34:

used to the SH-1 was the amp to have for raw power. Their tube amps where what tube amp lovers loved and used. Now USamps and a few others have taken over even more with the mids/highs power and other companies like Orion have taken over with great dollar per watt. It seems as though USamps and Tru have switches places. Used to you never heard about USamps, only reason i knew about them was beause they where bassed out of gainsville. Great quality for the price they gradually moved up. I havent heard a reccoemndation for Tru inmonths, even on DIYaudio.com.

Perhaps Squeak or someone that's on ECA more can find the link, it was a good thread I read a while ago about Yi making some comments that were pretty racist and elitist.

I wanna see that.

I wanna see that.

x2

though i remember, vaguely, something about that.

and cbfryman is right...while they don't have to be the most popular, they still need a following in order to survive. i believe they still ahve that on the sq competiton circuit, but i could be wrong..lol..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

http://forum.elitecaraudio.com/showthread....threadid=122391

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.p...ighlight=ethnic

Fairchild, who passed away, was Tru's Engineer. John Yi is the president of the company.

About DD..on the frontpage they have a thing about Alice Sandhu who passed away.

http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/default.asp

Brad, I wub j00 :D

Knew if anyone could find that thread here, you probably could...

I agree with what was said before about Tru being mainly known in the sq circuit. They were rated in the top 5 Amp companies on my site by a couple different members and I have my own fairly good experiences with Tru amps as well. You pretty much have to have popularity and good word of mouth to survive.

:lol2: hehe ethnic music :lol2:

nG

anyways, i heard there were some production problems goin on with TRU.